T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys!

So I have recently taken a position at a new screen printing shop where they have an MHM E Type auto press....

However, the guys that use it HATE running multi-color jobs on the press... their biggest reason is that after x number of shirts, the pallets get too hot, and the ink starts to cure on the back of the screen where there is no tshirt!

Does anyone have any experience printing with an MHM press? And how you tackled these problems?

· Registered
8,374 Posts
Hey Guys!

So I have recently taken a position at a new screen printing shop where they have an MHM E Type auto press....

However, the guys that use it HATE running multi-color jobs on the press... their biggest reason is that after x number of shirts, the pallets get too hot, and the ink starts to cure on the back of the screen where there is no tshirt!

Does anyone have any experience printing with an MHM press? And how you tackled these problems?
Not really a (brand)press problem but more of flashing too long, too close or needing a cooling station. With my first auto I had a stationary flash, I had to move off index and let cool. I ended up putting a fan on the next print head.

Current auto has a flashback/shuttle flash with a cooling fan that is active When flash is idle. Wish I had that flash with first press, maybe would have kept. Haven’t had any hot issues with current press.

If you have a in the head flash try moving up the screen clamp and use metal bars to space flash further from platen, you can also add a thermostat if it doesn’t have one.

A lot of variables I spent hours and days messing with settings and trial and error to get the thing right. I visited a shop with a MHM and they swear by them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.