T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a print coming up with metallic gold and metallic silver on 100% cotton navy tee and 100% polyester navy performance top. can i print directly on these substrates without a under print and will these inks adhere to polyester? This will be my first time working with these inks and i want to set up the art work properly. I do appreciate any help i can get.
Thanks.

· Registered
873 Posts
I usually run metallics from between an 86-123, depending on the coverage, detail, etc. On a low mesh like that, I'd just print the first color, flash, print the next. I don't like underbases on metallics, I think they look better with a dark base. Sort of like a car painted with metallic is usually done on a black basecoat, the darkness helps contrast the reflectivity of the flakes.

You should have no problem sticking to the poly, just keep an eye on the heat so you don't get dye migration, and watch the print thickness so the print doesn't feel heavier than the shirt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.