T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are T-shirts with a message, such as attitude tees, one line jokes, shock value rude tees, are they a fad?

Or do you think they are here to stay but will likely evolve?

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Words, slogans, etc. printed on t-shirts have been around for as long as printing on t-shirts. It's definitely not going anywhere. Some slogans are certainly faddish (e.g. most movie references), while others persist (e.g. some political slogans).

The majority of design work, if not pretty much all of it, has a shelf life. It runs in somewhat predictable cycles and, with exceptions, mostly sticks to precedent. Things rarely just stop dead one day, there's normally a drop off over time - the evolution and devolution is easy enough to watch and chart.

·
Registered
62 Posts
no worries man, the american public is probably the most expressive group of people in the world! and slogan tees are the epitome of self expression. as long as your slogans are unique, and strike a responsive chord with your target audience, you should do fine for years to come!

·
Registered
950 Posts
As Solmu said, what you put onto the t-shirt may be a fad, and in fact that can help sell a lot of t-shirts. When that fad dies, there's always a new one. I don't think t-shirt art will ever die off.

·
Registered
282 Posts
honeyflip said:
I bet it goes back to scribbling on temple walls back in the times of the Pharoahs. Someone's always going to get a kick out of it. We're just scribbling on t-shirts now.
:)Too funny about the Pharoahs....current version may be public stickering.

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
Rickerwear said:
If you print it, they will come - and buy it.
That's not true at all :) They will only come if your advertise and market your site.

You won't get shoppers out of thin air :)

I've done very well lately with some Dick Cheney Tees that I put out a day after the news hit. I find that there are always sayings that will sell, but you must stay up on current events or you are losing out on a lot of sales.
I sent a news reporter your way recently after he requested some information on the Dick Cheney tees trend. Hope something came of it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts