T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick question guys. Im going to print a design at 55lpi halftone with permaset water based ink. Does anyone have an idea of what mesh size to use. I have heard so much conflicting advice from 'professional' screen printers. One has told me it is not possible to manually push waterbased ink thru a screen over 100t (which i would prefer to print on).

Has anyone done this?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Just a quick question guys. Im going to print a design at 55lpi halftone with permaset water based ink. Does anyone have an idea of what mesh size to use. I have heard so much conflicting advice from 'professional' screen printers. One has told me it is not possible to manually push waterbased ink thru a screen over 100t (which i would prefer to print on).

Has anyone done this?
I don't know much about water based ink but if you are using 55 lpi halftone.. your best bet is to use a 255 mesh

·
Registered
680 Posts
I haven't worked with waterbased inks but I thought that they were higher in viscosity and would go through higher mesh easier than plastisol but I could have it completely opposite seeing that I'm strictly plastisol and some discharge mixed in.

As far as mesh count, I agree with Jimmy on the 255. If you have a good light source and the right stencil making equipment and technique, you could hold that 55 lpi on a 230 for sure, maybe even a 195 if you're experienced enough.

·
Registered
69 Posts
all i print is waterbase ink. if you want to know what screen to use.. divide by 5.. 225 mesh output at 45 lp/dpi
305/ 5 = 60 lpi/dpi

i never print higher than 50 lpi i find no need to. but depending on what wb ink your using you can get it through a 305 if you want.. but i would just do a 230 and do like 45 or 50 lpi. at 22.5 deg.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts