T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering where I could buy plain ordinary mesh shorts at a good price. I have been using Alpha for my shirts, but they lack a good selection of mesh shorts. Also, is it easy to print on mesh shorts. do I treat them just like shirts? Does it take the same amount of time to cure them? (I am using my flash dryer right now, conveyor dyer is down)

Thanks

·
Administrator
14,726 Posts
Augusta Sportswear, Inc. has a pretty large selection.

depending on how large the mesh holes are, you will need to be careful about ink seeping through to your platen and causing a mess. You can either use a higher mesh count screen or take precautions to lay paper over your platen and change as soon as you see ink on it.

Cure times for me are the same as other garments. As always, do your normal tests to make sure the ink has cured.

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
Mesh shorts are another item that I think is just easier to print the transfer and heat press it. Less messy anyway.

Seconding Augusta.

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
Do you mean screen printed transfers or the ones you can print off with a desk printer?
Plastisol transfers. I used to find that for some things it was just easier or less messy to print a transfer and apply it with a heat press. Mesh jerseys are less messy, clothing with a liner is easier to hold still especially for multicolor jobs, I always thought hats were easier to press. Just my personal preference.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts