T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
562 Posts
No, the vinyl won't be able to stick to the teflon sheet whatsoever. It's non-stick by design.

I use Parchment paper for all mine, which can be had at ANY grocery store for a few bucks a roll. It doesn't last as long as the teflon sheets do, but for the money, I can't complain.

· Registered
562 Posts
It's a nice machine, no doubt, but unless you're really cranking out the product it's not a real practical solution to his problem at the moment. I'd love to get to the point where I needed 3 or 4 of them, but I'm just not there yet. LOL

· Registered
367 Posts
I understand as I struggled with the cost for a while myself, but after looking at investing say half that cost into a normal brand name press. It didn't take long for me to decide that I could make up the other half of the cost in no time with factoring in the time lost on messing with difficult jobs & botched pieces and the jobs I might not take or overbid because of the problems with dealing with mesh or lycra products. I'm bought and sold on the splitter in case you don't see it already and I just feel obligated to share it with others out there struggling with some of these processes.

· Registered
562 Posts
The tricot mesh works real well with the heat applied vinyl. I've done hundreds of those with no issues. Just be sure to pre-press so as to remove all moisture before applying. It seems that material really holds in the humidity

· Registered
65 Posts
The tricot mesh works real well with the heat applied vinyl. I've done hundreds of those with no issues. Just be sure to pre-press so as to remove all moisture before applying. It seems that material really holds in the humidity
Thanks for your reply Bill. How about the stock cold peel plastisol tranfers? Would they go on ok as well?

· Registered
564 Posts
they also sell teflon covered pillows. check the company stahls. they sell all types of stuff
For sliding teflon in-between the garment, the pillows will work best. Just hold the pillow with your chin and chest (like you are looking down), grab the bottom of the side seems (for shirts), and release the pillow. It will slide right down into the shirt. Does that make sense?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.