T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya guys,

I'm a bit stuck with identifying the mesh on my screens. I got them as part of a bundle of equipment but only 4 out of 20+ are marked. I need to make up most of the screens and some need to be fine detail. But I need to know one from the other any way.

Does anybody in the UK have a mesh count determiner card/tool that they are willing to sell or lend out or a few days? I'm quite happy to pay for a loan of one and would pay for recorded delivery.

Alternatively, can anybody point me to a supplier who sells them? It's not something I think I'll need beyond this one step but if I have to buy one then so be it.

Cheers,

Pete.

· Registered
29 Posts
as a rough guess this is what i do if the markings have faded.If you scratch the bare mesh with your fingernail the lower the pitch of sound the coarser the mesh and the higher the pitch the finer the mesh count.hope it helps for the time being.:):):)

· Registered
522 Posts
I use a decent magnifier, a ruler & a calculator.
Really? Wow that's crazy but if it works more power to you, why try to save the $18.00 I have no idea.

Don't get me wrong it's just a tool to have in the shop.

To the OP As good practice try to color code them as they come in with a simple dot on the side. Put a piece of clear tape to protect it from water etc. This way you can see what mesh you have on hand and as they pop you know what to re-mesh with. Just an idea

· Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To the OP As good practice try to color code them as they come in with a simple dot on the side. Put a piece of clear tape to protect it from water etc. This way you can see what mesh you have on hand and as they pop you know what to re-mesh with. Just an idea
When I replace these screen I'll write on precisely what they are, but I didn't buy these new.

I looked at them again today and I think there's a visible difference if I look at the right angle. I'm assuming there's only the two grades in the batch.

Now I just have to get my coating and exposure right.

Cheers,

Pete.

· Registered
522 Posts
When I replace these screen I'll write on precisely what they are, but I didn't buy these new.

I looked at them again today and I think there's a visible difference if I look at the right angle. I'm assuming there's only the two grades in the batch.

Now I just have to get my coating and exposure right.

Cheers,

Pete.
Make your supplier earn the biz. Have them fingerprint your coating and give you the exposure times for all your mesh counts. There really is a science to how much OEM to have depending on your mesh and thread diameter. You can also eliminate underexposing to capture the best resolution. You will know your limitations before you go to expose if all the above is known or dialed in. One thing is for sure not all emulsions are created equal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.