T-Shirt Forums banner

mental block when in front of the computer

[Photoshop] -  
2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  cthulhu93 
#1 ·
A buddy's granddaughter's U12 softball team is going to Girls Softball World Series in Mississippi at the end of the month.
He asked if I could do a couple of shirts for him.
Looking at what he gave me thought I could.
Seems somewhat simple.
Either make a circle for the ball or find one. Tho wasn't sure how to make the seams.
Then import the image of her.
Add the text.
Biggest obstacle I thought would be the metallic like coloring for her name and number.

The shirts are to be dyesubbed.

Well sat down to do it and now feel like a idiot cuz I am stumped.
Seems like alot of times I look at a design and think it would be somewhat simple to do but once I get in front of the computer I freeze up , lose any intelligence I think I have in PS or any graphics program and freak out.

So if anyone got a few mins to help unfreak me with a few dummy steps to get started would appreciate it.

I gotta lose this mental block I get.

Thanks
Mark

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
#4 ·
If you have a vector image editing program like Illustrator.
When ever I'm brain dead I go to www.brandsoftheworld.com and do a search for what I'm looking for.
I open it up in my vector program, tear apart the logo and take out the parts I want to use.
After that, open your illustrator file in photoshop and make it any way you want.
I also do searches on google images, you can choose in the search settings for higher resolution images (the bigger the better) and do the same thing.
I hope this helps

#6 ·
Here is my attempt at it.. more basic than the image you uploaded, but it may work for you. Just place the girls pic in the circle already cut into the middle of the baseball.

I hope this is of some help to you.
Thanks very much. will give it a try.
How did you make the stitches ? I tried with pen tool and I got lines but I coudln't do anythign with them Add thicheness or even move them and when I did a print preview they didn't show up.

Thanks
Mark

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.