T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
5,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I posted here that I did some memorial tees here locally and had a few problems. as stated I did 15 shirts. After delivery I got a call from another side of this family for an additional 18 shirts.. knocked those out Friday evening delivered Saturday morning.. Then my wife and I went to movies and dinner and when we got home there were more messages on phone.. I made additional 9 more shirts and delivered to family at their family reunion.. where I found out they had over 200 shirts done for that plus aprons and baby bibs. Told the family member to call me with the price they paid for that. She then told me to expect to hear from from more of the family today (Sunday) for more shirts.as the funural is not till Monday. I have 20 shirts left but there is a tee shirt shop very close where they have been buying most of the shirts so I don't have to supply. We will see. I added a link to an article about the memorial shirt business. You do find business in strangest places. Who knew.. I didn't, I do now. I have a feeling I need to buy lots of shirts and paper because I think the word is spreading. This is a big hispanic and Asian community and it is something they do. :confused:
http://www.slate.com/id/2087407

· Registered
5,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I look at it as the people are showing how they feel about this person.. The love and admiration for them. we are just offering a service to help them be able to do this. Someone does it.. why not me. I have a pretty good handle on now and your right it was depressing at first. Then I started talking to the families and found how happy they were that I was there to offer this especially on the weekend. Sure they paid me but it was what else they did that really made me feel good and that was they showed their appreciation for the work I did to help their family get this done.

· Registered
5,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have found in discussing this last evening with a another family member of this job I took on that the culture of the families almost demand that they do this as tribute to the one who has died. She said when she was told by another family member that I was there and the prices I was charging she said knew I was going to be getting a lot business. I did not seek them out. Every person I delivered to over the week end wanted my card to pass to other relatives and family members. I got my last call about 4 pm yesterday for 4 shirts. She told me that at one funeral she saw over 200 shirts for a very well known member of the Hispanic community. This type of service though requires fast action and usually takes up a weekends.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.