T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,809 Posts
Re: melted polyprop on my new maxx heat press

Did it melt on the heating element or the bottom rubber pad? If it is the heating element I recommend that you try to clean it with a product such as EZOff. I'm not sure how much success you will have but providing you get the majority of it removed the press will probably function normally. If it is the rubber pad then that will not affect the use of the machine. We do sell pad protectors that you might want to use to cover the bottom pad.

·
Registered
4,817 Posts

I have seen someone use blank newsprint / parchment paper (without the silicone coating) that have placed it down on top of the melted product and closed the heat press while hot for 10 seconds or so. It was another to heat the melted product up to attach to the newsprint paper. I have seen a similar thing done with getting dry wax out of carpets before as well.

I will agree with Ed that you should have a Teflon wrap on the bottom of the heating pad and I also like the Teflon bra that goes around the top heating element. This will prevent this from happening in the future. The Teflon bra on the top heating element also helps prevent for the burning of your knuckles when you accidentally touch the heating element.

Good luck,

Mark

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Turn it off - let it cool down - turn it on - with a teflon scraper as it warms up - carefully scrap it off - On sensitive materials use a teflon sheet, but hindsight is 20/20
from the rubber pad at the bottom? the top of the machine is fine once it cooled of it feel the polyprop material feel away from the top of the machine. I just need to know how clean the rubber pad on the bottom.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.