T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
So Mark then is the same Printer but in the website dosent said that u can print in poly-cotton just 10%cotton so may im wrong? so are they trade to change the name it's just that because looks like the same priinter to me?

·
Registered
280 Posts
o guys i just did me reserch and yes u were right Mark i talk to thelady in Anajet andshe said to me that melco embroidery buoght their machine and just they change the label so isthe same printer just diferent name.Roberto

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
Robert,

Just a warning, it is hard to print on to non-natural fabrics (i.e. polyester, nylon,...) using any dtg ink. You should really use dye sub inks or a special screen printing ink to do this type of work. dtg inks are really only for natural fabrics (i.e. cotton, bamboo,...). I have yet to see any dtg printer have great prints on polyester that survive the wash test. Just my experiences.

Mark

·
Registered
280 Posts
Ok mark so you are tell me that is none dtg printer that it's good in poly and cotton 50and 50% so all what they got to use is 100% cotton to make sure will stay longer? please let me know because why anajet they said they do in 50 poly and 50 cotton but in the serch for melcojet that is the same printer they just show that 100% cotton, also im disappointed because they do not gona be in the dax show in minneapolis min. the 28 and 29 of march because they said is a small show so i wont be avalible to see it in person here and the closer dealer it's in chicago, and in denver they got the main from melco, so im sad about that.Robert.

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
Robert,

Can you print on to 50/50 shirts using dtg inks? Yes, but it will require pretreatment in order to get a good wash test because the binders in the dtg inks don't adhere as well to the polyester fabric. Any savings on a 50/50 shirt vs. a good 100% cotton shirt will be lost when you count in the cost and time to pretreatment the shirt. Also, you open the door to not doing the pretreatment properly and getting a bad wash test. So you are much better off printing on to 100% cotton. This is why all the dtg manufacturers and distributors at the trade shows print on 100% cotton. It gives them the best result and that is what you want to provide to your customers. Hope this clarifies things.

Mark

·
Banned
877 Posts
Correct it's in the binders :)
Here is a 50/50 ash shirt printed with no pre-treatment and after 3 washes.
Sorry for the picture but you will get the idea ;)

·
Registered
280 Posts
I see guys thanks for let me know that is good to clear that point about 100% and 50/50% so iget know what is every one dgt or the heat tranfers they do that. so mark exactly what else beside 100% cotton fabric, do u think will have good print desing and stay longer after washed.Roberto

·
Registered
92 Posts
I own a melcojet and If I could go back and get a different machine, I would. I have had my machine for 6 months and have only gotten 10 shirts printed with it on darks. Due to problem after problem and head cleanings, etc... I have already gone through a complete set of inks ($300 worth). All that and only 10 hirts. The machine was down over a month while we have gone back and forth every day trying to fix it. After a month, they requested me to send it back. I was told they would send me a refurbished machine and take mine back. I was then told that was not the case (AKA, went back on their word) and I could only send mine back in to get fixed. They then tell they are going to charge me $150 for a box for me to send it in and it would ship out the next day going UPS 3 day. A week later, the box has not even shipped. Oh, did I forget to tell you it is going to take a month to get the machine back. Maybe Anajet is better but stay away from Melco.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hello Clark sorry to ear that problem with melco , well i think is better when u live by the manufacture company like anajet but also i been ear that they dont have some times good support, well any ways what i learn is stay away from the dgt white ink printers just for the problem that you have, i been doing research and for me is better roland versacam vinyl printer. almost the same price and even u can do stickers for cars or posters, so you not just stock with doing garments. Robert.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Ouch I remember when I had issue with black messed up and had to send back as well.
150 bucks for box ha they told us 85 bucks
I mean they are awesome people there but ever since I got new one I have had good results except having issue with digital reader not showing wtf going on

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
My experience has been good also with the Anajet and the service. They do tell you that you should save the box and packing. If any machine need servicing, you either have to pay to ship(properly) of pay to have a tech come to your location. Regarding Polyester, I've printed blends also, but you have to remember 2 things, dark polyester can bleed into white inks, and colors will be muted if compared to a 100% natural fiber.

perhaps Dan could answer this... is the bond to a fiber a physical or chemical type?

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
This is only day 3 with our Malcojet and all is going well, there's a learning curve but from the sound of these posts someone needs to tell Melco to either get there act together or contract with Anajet for support. Maybe Mark "DaGuide" could show them the negitives here.
John :)

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
..........from the sound of these posts someone needs to tell Melco to either get there act together or contract with Anajet for support.
Anajet itself will not refuse to help any customer of Melcos. I talked to them about it Today.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts