T-Shirt Forums banner

Melbourne? wholesale t-shirt source info for Australia

43K views 116 replies 36 participants last post by  Bikiechic 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

I am pretty much new around here and have been reading around the forum sourcing prices around the yellowpages but things doesnt seen to look good. The shirts here in melbourne are quite expensive per t-shirt while you can get better quality t-shirts if you order from dollartshirt(US) at a cheaper price even with its import cost.

So where do you guys from australia source for T's excluding places like ounce which I got a few from them already which is the cheapest around here. Do you guys buy from america? do you guys need to pay import tax or duty taxes or whatever they call it?

And I think there is quite a few melbournians here and why not we do a sort of info list to help each other out?

hope you guys could pop a reply for me. thanks and cya all!

#29 ·
Re: Melbourne? source info

Sorry - been away from technology for a few days (lovely!). This is our contact - yeah, I've checked the Gildan website and I can see the problem: but that's how we found him about 7 months ago. Perhaps they have changed it??? Anyway, here is the man: please tell him that Charlie and Jane from foghorn.com.au sent you!

Donovan is a good sort and can provide 24 hour turn around air frieght for urgent orders. Sorry again for the delay.

Donovan Callaghan
Superior Activewear
Unit 3/1A Bessemer Street Blacktown 2148
e-mail superiorgildan@ozemail.com.au
phone (02) 9676 6640 / 1300 369 459
fax (02) 9622 7881

#30 ·

I've thought it through Ross, and perhaps we just emailed Gildan directly from their website?? Perhaps that was it - age and too much alcohol are fading my memory.... Anyway, now you have the details you should be right. I highly recommend this mob. (Flared arms aside!)

#31 ·

Here is the link for Gildan Asia/Pacific , or if the link isn't working here is the address http://gildan.com/distributors/whatsnew/index.cfm?id_region=5 ,not all styles available in the US are available here. But they add a few new styles and colours each year so the catalogue for this region is growing.

Unfortunately, there is no contact info for Superior on the website.

#34 · (Edited by Moderator)

Hey everyone...im from Melbourne and i have been getting my shirts from Johnny Bobbins and Dollar Shirts.

Dollar shirts are great but their delivery costs are crazy!!!! i paid $40 for just delivery....Johnny bobbins are good shirts but are huge sizes!!!
i bought a medium and large and they were HUGE.

johnnybobbins.com
Wholesale Blank T-Shirts at Dollar Shirts

Both ship internationally :)

Thanks

#36 ·
Never dealt with splash alley sorry, but i've been using hanes2u for awhile

239 for a case of 72 beefy t's Small - Larage , + shipping which about 6 months ago was 55US if i remember correctly

That worked to about 350 aus which is 4.90 per shirt

Thanks for the gildan contact, definately be looking into that

#44 ·
I had a look at both of the companies mentioned here and they seem to me to be a bit expensive compared to t-shirt magic which has tees for AU$4.50 for women and AU4.75 for men. That was for 50 but there are price breaks if you order more.
I am in Sydney and met a guy on the market who uses their tees which I bought one of and they washed up nicely and the fit was good.
Haven't ordered mine yet but will be doing so this week so I will let you know how I go if you are interested.

#47 ·
It does seem like it is the beggining of something big here and the whole heat press thing is still in its infancy here. Mind you I am having enough trouble getting my head round all there is to kow about transfers,different tees,colour printing. Maybe a good idea for someone to run with.

#48 ·
I agree. I know that I am not the one to do it - but for someone(s) who is energetic and intrepid there certainly is a market. I've been researching online since I returned from living in the states (a year now) and find the lack of resources incredibly frustrating. We have so many advantages and really cool stuff here (like REAL powerpoints with SWITCHES, and ceiling light fightings in every room! and pretty tissue packet boxes... I could go on) but so many disadvantages when it comes to reasonably priced t-shirts and art supplies!!!
I guess the saddest thing is our lack of manufacturing here - it's hard to 'buy Australian' when there is nothing to buy (and I have NO political agenda - I wouldn't pretend to understand much of it at all).
That was my whine, and if any of you brave things get out there and start distributing t-shirts, don't forget to let us know!!!

#49 ·
Well that's what I am going to do! I have the backing of some people with the $$$ and I am going to do it! Finally - good quality wholesale tees in australia (not just hanes beefy t-shirts ) even though there is a market out there for them it's not what everyone wants! I'll keep you all posted..wish me luck

#54 ·
saw that - but I am currently looking for good SOFT blanks -
I think Gildan are not soft enough - altho Donovan at Superior is very nice -
SanMar in the US (who I read sometimes will sell to AU) want to know what business I am in - I am not quite sure what to say -
Ounce were nice on the phone, but haven't managed to email me the pricelists they promised.
I just want some nice soft t-shirts!

#55 ·
I have the supplier for RAMO tees in Sydney - they sell a wide range of colours for $4 a piece or $3.75 if you buy 50 of a particular size and colour. The tees are 200gsm 100% cotton.

Also Kootex carries a great range of tees called Earth Fit tees - best ones I have found so far. They are about $5.50 per tee but less if you buy over 100 or 300 - mixed colours and sizes can make up that 100 or 300.

This might be old news but it is still good news - pm me for the number if you like

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.