T-Shirt Forums banner
101 - 117 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Yeah, the biggest problem I had with Australian suppliers is that they are so so so VERY hard to get a hold of sometimes. YOu really need to know contacts in the industry or have some good search skills to find distibutors and wholesalers here.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Hi zhenjie, the original concept was to "Buy Australian" which I was really keen to do, but the enthusiasm soon wained! I called Qualitops, as many do but their price is too much for the off the shelf , lets say generic T's I will be playing around with to build my expertise and learn more about the trade. I maybe a horsetrader of sorts but I am still a newbie in the clothing world! I want reasonably good quality. I have a range of T's I have purchased over the last several months and the only one's I didn't like where the really cheap promo crap and the cheap Russian made horrors! If you see the brand RB, Primorskaya Odezhda Mfg Group Inc....keep walking!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Im speaking to my contacts in the next day or 2 about buying some blank tee's with my own label, i been doing other buisness with them with my custom team wear so i should be able to get somethnig with these tee's, just gotta see the min. qty and the big one will be $$$$...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi guys,

I am pretty much new around here and have been reading around the forum sourcing prices around the yellowpages but things doesnt seen to look good. The shirts here in melbourne are quite expensive per t-shirt while you can get better quality t-shirts if you order from dollartshirt(US) at a cheaper price even with its import cost.

So where do you guys from australia source for T's excluding places like ounce which I got a few from them already which is the cheapest around here. Do you guys buy from america? do you guys need to pay import tax or duty taxes or whatever they call it?

And I think there is quite a few melbournians here and why not we do a sort of info list to help each other out?

hope you guys could pop a reply for me. thanks and cya all!
hi read your post and 2 years on wondering where you now source your t's from....am just starting up and looking into this whole 'brave new world' and would love some tips.
seems from reading other posts that although melb has many people doing t's that there would be a place for a 'buying group' sort of thing so people wanting smaller quantities could all order together and disperse the shipping costs ...does anything like this exist? cheers kate

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know that MDK promotional products sells to other onsellers at hugely discounted prices if you ask, the dont advertise it but if you email them and ask then they will sell almost any brand to you like ramo, gildan etc for their entire range. Not sure of their email address but you could prob look up the web

·
Registered
24 Posts
I love this thread. The only thing is that it is getting a bit old. Just wondering if things and people recent experiences are still the same. is Ounce still rubbish? do dollarshirts still have ridiculous freight fees. is silviae still the person to contact regarding AA direct international orders. Also if anyone had discover an awesome local supplier.

Cheers all

·
Registered
14 Posts
I love this thread. The only thing is that it is getting a bit old. Just wondering if things and people recent experiences are still the same. is Ounce still rubbish? do dollarshirts still have ridiculous freight fees. is silviae still the person to contact regarding AA direct international orders. Also if anyone had discover an awesome local supplier.

Cheers all
Hi there, I tried to use Ounce a while back and they were still really lacking in the customer service department so have decided to give them a miss. The distributor for AA is BYM email: [email protected]
They do offer a discount for higher number of purchases, 100+ 10%, 250+ 15%, 500+ 20%. Im yet to decide if I will be using them. The person that emailed me this information is Amanda King. I do not know anything about dollarshirts. Where are you based? Im trying to start a t-shirt brand myself so the search continues to find decent blanks with matching colours in male and female! Any assistance here would be appreciated.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi there, I tried to use Ounce a while back and they were still really lacking in the customer service department so have decided to give them a miss. The distributor for AA is BYM email: [email protected]
They do offer a discount for higher number of purchases, 100+ 10%, 250+ 15%, 500+ 20%. Im yet to decide if I will be using them. The person that emailed me this information is Amanda King. I do not know anything about dollarshirts. Where are you based? Im trying to start a t-shirt brand myself so the search continues to find decent blanks with matching colours in male and female! Any assistance here would be appreciated.

BYM are pretty expensive. for us it works out cheaper to buy in bulk straight from AA in america. i tried AAA but i didnt like the fabric or the huge necks. you should try AS Color from NZ. they are great to work with and have nice tees and color range.

my plan so far is to do AA or AS for my label stuff then just use gildans (through superior activewear) for people who want cheaper tees/hoodies made for them (production jobs). gildans are pretty nasty but they are better and cheaper then most other alternatives, (ramo, bj). now i just need to find a good place to get decent priced, decent quality, rugby tops, polo shirts, aprons, maybe singlets, stubby holders, and mousepads!

·
Registered
14 Posts
BYM are pretty expensive. for us it works out cheaper to buy in bulk straight from AA in america. i tried AAA but i didnt like the fabric or the huge necks. you should try AS Color from NZ. they are great to work with and have nice tees and color range.

my plan so far is to do AA or AS for my label stuff then just use gildans (through superior activewear) for people who want cheaper tees/hoodies made for them (production jobs). gildans are pretty nasty but they are better and cheaper then most other alternatives, (ramo, bj). now i just need to find a good place to get decent priced, decent quality, rugby tops, polo shirts, aprons, maybe singlets, stubby holders, and mousepads!
thanks for the information. Yes AAA dont seem to offer the quality of AA which is unfortunate. And Spired (distributor of AAA in Melbourne) dont offer male and female matching colours. I have looked into AS Colour, I did not know they were a kiwi brand. From the look of their shirts online the cut for their papertee does not look quite as nice as AA. I have not personally tried on both shirts and compared so I could be wrong there. Have you compared the two? Im not too keen on the cut for female AS Colour shirts, they look like a smaller version of the male shirt, not their own style if you know what I mean. Either way I will order some samples off AS to see what they are like just to have a comparison to whatever else I can find.

·
Registered
24 Posts
the staple tee is quite thin (which can be good or bad) and the fabric is nice. just below the quality of AA in my opinion. the female AS color tees are their own cut, fitted to girls curves. the paper tee is epic although they are sized smaller then the standard staple AS tees. as in i got a small of both and the staple and the paper and the paper feels like a muscle tee while the staple fits perfectly. best thing to do is order a couple and see for yourself.

·
Registered
16 Posts
This thread is old, but wondering who people are using in Melbourne, and what kinda price are we talking for a basic white or black T.

Im new to the scene and looking to see if it is worth getting into this as another product option

·
Registered
24 Posts
This thread is old, but wondering who people are using in Melbourne, and what kinda price are we talking for a basic white or black T.

Im new to the scene and looking to see if it is worth getting into this as another product option

Hey Warren. We mostly use AS COLOUR. They are based in NZ but have a warehouse in Sydney. Quality, range and fit are all really great. Im not sure if i can give out prices on here but shoot them an email or give them a call. They are really cool and helpful.

Other options are AAA (Alstyle American Apparel), which you can get through Spire Distribution here in melbourne; Glidan, which you can get through Superior Activewear in Sydney; Ramo, from Hard Rock Clothing in Sydney; or Tshirt Magic, who are also in Sydney i think.

Prices range from about $3 to $9 per shirt. Just call or email around for some price lists at the above places. When your starting out its also sometimes cheaper to get your tees through who your printing with because they can sometimes get better deals due to their larger volumes of ordering. Sometimes.

Hope that helps. If you have any more questions feel free to send me email (dylan.kelson@LifeBloodclothing.com.au).

Cheers

-Dylan

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I use a place in Sydney called Ramo. Just google them, their trade name is Hardrock Clothing and they import from China. They sell cotton t-shirts for around $3.50, can do small quantities. Gildan brand are a 30 minimum, nice shirts though.

101 - 117 of 117 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.