T-Shirt Forums banner
21 - 40 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Re: Melbourne? source info

Thanks Rodney,
If anyone wants their local rep details, just contact Superior and they will let you know who it is.
I deal direct with Sydney (Head Office) as I have an account with them.
The local rep (Qld) calls regulary to let me know what is happening, what styles are coming and if I want samples to show customers etc.

Anyway, glad to help.

I have a lot of info on different suppliers of different garments etc, so if I see a post about anything I have, be sure I will share it.

When I first started out, no one in my industry wanted to share supplier info with me, so I had to spend a lot of time trying to find out where to get certain brands and garments. I know what it's like so if I can help with sourcing, just post away and I will help where I can. :) :)

·
Registered
34 Posts

I'm really surprised - I hadn't realised there was such mystery. We've been sourcing Gildan in Aus for 6 months - we've even visited the massive warehouse in Sydney. They have full stocks, with 24 hour air express delivery for any styles if you need it.

And the weirdest part - we found them through the Gildan website: it wasn't that hard!!!

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts

The last few times I've checked the Gildan website it's been broken.

I would have thought I'd've checked it prior to that, but maybe I overlooked it.

·
Registered
457 Posts

janewing

I checked it! I found New Zealand distribution (not anywhere near as cheap as the recent quotes on this thread, either), but zilch in Australia. Maybe there's another site I didn't look at. Just out of interest, could you post the link to the site you're referring to, pls?

Cheers

·
Registered
9 Posts

WOW! I am extremely greatful that Bungy has shared this information with us! I have been searching for almost a month and was unable to find a decent supplier of any quality pieces. Thanks, Bungy! Hope it's all that simple...

·
Registered
457 Posts

Jane? Could you post the address of the Gildan website you're referring to that shows the Australian distribution details, please?

The only Gildan site I can find mentions a "third party warehouse" in Brisbane only, with no contact details.

I am now aware of the Sydney distribution centre (again, third party, I believe) and have the phone contact details of the Perth rep, thanks to Bungy, but I'm curious to see the website you're referring to that has eluded me all this time!

·
Registered
34 Posts

Sorry - been away from technology for a few days (lovely!). This is our contact - yeah, I've checked the Gildan website and I can see the problem: but that's how we found him about 7 months ago. Perhaps they have changed it??? Anyway, here is the man: please tell him that Charlie and Jane from foghorn.com.au sent you!

Donovan is a good sort and can provide 24 hour turn around air frieght for urgent orders. Sorry again for the delay.

Donovan Callaghan
Superior Activewear
Unit 3/1A Bessemer Street Blacktown 2148
e-mail [email protected]
phone (02) 9676 6640 / 1300 369 459
fax (02) 9622 7881

·
Registered
34 Posts

I've thought it through Ross, and perhaps we just emailed Gildan directly from their website?? Perhaps that was it - age and too much alcohol are fading my memory.... Anyway, now you have the details you should be right. I highly recommend this mob. (Flared arms aside!)

·
Registered
583 Posts

Here is the link for Gildan Asia/Pacific , or if the link isn't working here is the address http://gildan.com/distributors/whatsnew/index.cfm?id_region=5 ,not all styles available in the US are available here. But they add a few new styles and colours each year so the catalogue for this region is growing.

Unfortunately, there is no contact info for Superior on the website.

·
Registered
22 Posts

Hey everyone...im from Melbourne and i have been getting my shirts from Johnny Bobbins and Dollar Shirts.

Dollar shirts are great but their delivery costs are crazy!!!! i paid $40 for just delivery....Johnny bobbins are good shirts but are huge sizes!!!
i bought a medium and large and they were HUGE.

johnnybobbins.com
Wholesale Blank T-Shirts at Dollar Shirts

Both ship internationally :)

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Never dealt with splash alley sorry, but i've been using hanes2u for awhile

239 for a case of 72 beefy t's Small - Larage , + shipping which about 6 months ago was 55US if i remember correctly

That worked to about 350 aus which is 4.90 per shirt

Thanks for the gildan contact, definately be looking into that

·
Registered
11 Posts

Hi Ross,
Sorry I was a little out with my pricing in my last post, but not much. :)
The lastest pricelist I have is FEB2006
2000's - Wht $3.30 (1-71pcs) $3.25 (72-1007pcs)
2000's - Colours $ $3.95 (1-71pcs), $3.80 (72-1007pcs)
Prices are slightly less than these if you by by the carton.
These are ex GST and you would need to add freight.
I will pm you with the WA rep details.
Hey Bungy,
Is this brand of t-s top quality?
i'm starting a new original prints t-shirt small business in WA. I'm running it out of my home, selling online - not a huge business and not expecting a great deal of initial turnover, however if I am to sell any t's they have to be great cuts, top quality, fitted t-shirts. Can you help me out? Is gildan the way to go?
I've been trying a few brands and they are just really ugly, very wide, large collared ugly t's that not even my dad would wear in this day and age.!
Would appreciate any hep from you or anyone out there!
cheers.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts

be great cuts, top quality, fitted t-shirts. Can you help me out? Is gildan the way to go?
If your looking for high quality, fitted t-shirts with a nice cut, then Gildan is NOT the way to go. Personally I don't see how Gildan is the number #1 t-shirt brand in the world.

The first time I put on a Gildan t-shirt I was itching all over. i guess I have sensitive skin and just before I put it on I was wearing American Apparel. Theres a HUGE difference between Gildan and the top of the line t-shirts.

Personally, I'd only use Gildan for promo t-shirts. Wouldn't even consider it for retail.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts

they have to be great cuts, top quality, fitted t-shirts. Can you help me out? Is gildan the way to go?
I've been trying a few brands and they are just really ugly, very wide, large collared ugly t's
They're not a great cut, quality is arguable (fairly good, but not soft for example), and certainly not fitted. While I wouldn't call them ugly, they are wide and large collared (although no wider than other brands, including American Apparel, unless you were referring to the neck size (in which case they're significantly larger than AA)), and with huge sleeves to boot.

·
Registered
13 Posts

Hey, just joining the list of people unhappy with Ounce... I was planning to order AA's kid tees with them and have them screenprint them as well. After many attempts to place an order and being ignored I was told my emails had accidently ended up in the trash... I finally received most of my order a few weeks later (the rest was placed on back order which I received in another couple weeks...). The whole process was very discouraging to someone just starting out.

In September I attended Fashion Exposed in Melbourne where I was surprised to see an AA site. These guys turned out to be from BYM INTERNATIONAL and were claiming to be the new official distributer of AA gear. When I told them that I had ordered AA gear from Ounce they were straight on the phone and were adament that companies like Ounce were not aloud to re-sell AA gear anymore since they now had the official distributing rights. I got in contact with AA to check this out and Ray from AA told me that although they did distribute AA gear, they were not their 'official' distributer. Who knows what to believe...

I do know that Dwayne Armstrong is the BYM rep in Melbourne and he has told me that they can service from 1-10,000 pieces (which means no minimums for colours,sizes) and that they will fill an order in two weeks. I have recently received a price list from BYM, stating a manufacturers price which is cheaper than wholesale. I can get an infant t-shirt for $7.40 (+GST) where it is $9.25 wholesale ($8.75 from Ounce). For those of you who want adult tees the price is $8.75, where wholesale is $11.35. I have not put an order in with BYM yet (as i'm waiting on my screenprinter to receive new boards and arms so he can print my little tees) but i'll let you know how they go when I do. It's tough out there but I love it...

Dave
Hi Dave, I am trying to find BYM International on the net.. are you able to point me in the right direction. No minimums etc, sounds great!
Cheers

21 - 40 of 117 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.