T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Re: Melbourne? source info

Ross B said:
One last comment: Kmart has started selling Gildan Ultracotton 2000, which I think is a good quality T - they were on special a couple of weeks ago @ $15 for 2. That's about as good as it gets in Oz, for Gildans - in my experience, at least.
You can source them cheaper wholesale (~$6), but Kmart is a surprisingly palatable option.

I occasionally drop in there to check out their shirts. When I was there two months ago the Gildan's were on sale for $8ea (normally $10). I dropped in today and they have 25% off men's clothing, so they'd currently be $7.50ea (and that seems to be a sale they run often). They also have the longsleeve versions for $15 (less whatever sale is running). They have a limited colour range and less than complete size range (though still good), but it's a great option for grabbing a few test blanks or picking up shortfall in an emergency.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts

Rodney said:
There must be something like this out there?
You'd think so wouldn't you? :(

I keep thinking there must be and I just don't have the connections to find it yet.

I can tell you that most screenprinted tees I see in Melbourne are manufactured by the same Melbourne based company. They're sweatshop free accredited at least, but they're more expensive than importing Gildan, etc. and about the same price as importing AA (at lesser quality though). They also have the ugliest tags I've ever seen on a wholesale blank.

The next most common blank is Gildan, but they're a distant second. Some people use AA, but not many.

I've heard from a couple of large Australian t-shirt brands, and they outsource to China and Vietnam. I get the impression this might be a bit easier for people in Australia than in the US (due to pre-existing trade setups, etc.).

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts

Ross B said:
Solmu, you mention getting Gildan UC 2000 Ts "wholesale" for $6 - are you talking about an Australian source? If so, where please?
Ounce. So while it is an option it's not necessarily a good option.

You, Nick and I all have our own (different) reasons for being reluctant to go back to Ounce (although all three of us have experienced their extremely poor communication). That strikes me as an incredibly bad sign.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts

The last few times I've checked the Gildan website it's been broken.

I would have thought I'd've checked it prior to that, but maybe I overlooked it.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts

they have to be great cuts, top quality, fitted t-shirts. Can you help me out? Is gildan the way to go?
I've been trying a few brands and they are just really ugly, very wide, large collared ugly t's
They're not a great cut, quality is arguable (fairly good, but not soft for example), and certainly not fitted. While I wouldn't call them ugly, they are wide and large collared (although no wider than other brands, including American Apparel, unless you were referring to the neck size (in which case they're significantly larger than AA)), and with huge sleeves to boot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.