T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, it seems to be the bain of my life... measuring up on the heat press that is. I have lost too many to the rag bag and now I want a solution.

My first thought was to make a fibre board template off the press and align the transfer with a long regular ruler. I'd need one for each size T. But that means I can't pre-heat unless I set up a pre-heat station with regular heat lamps and have a cool down table where I add the transfer and tape it before pressing. But once the T hits the press there is no mucking about, it's boom & it's done!

Or I could buy one of the t square type alignment tools and do it on the press. Is there anywhere in Oz I can get those t square tools at a fair price or is it one more thing to import from the states. Stateside they sell for about $43.

Ideas please.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Hi folks, it seems to be the bain of my life... measuring up on the heat press that is. I have lost too many to the rag bag and now I want a solution.

My first thought was to make a fibre board template off the press and align the transfer with a long regular ruler. I'd need one for each size T. But that means I can't pre-heat unless I set up a pre-heat station with regular heat lamps and have a cool down table where I add the transfer and tape it before pressing. But once the T hits the press there is no mucking about, it's boom & it's done!

Or I could buy one of the t square type alignment tools and do it on the press. Is there anywhere in Oz I can get those t square tools at a fair price or is it one more thing to import from the states. Stateside they sell for about $43.

Ideas please.
Contact badalou here on the forums regarding the tee square it. If I am not mistaken he is the maker of the tee square it and he would be the one to talk to about it.

Katrina

·
Registered
6,875 Posts
We also offer the T Square but it is pretty easy to align a transfer properly with the naked eye. The normal placement of the top of the transfer is about 3 inches below the neckline.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
We also offer the T Square but it is pretty easy to align a transfer properly with the naked eye. The normal placement of the top of the transfer is about 3 inches below the neckline.
Exactly how i do it ...with the naked eye. I also use a trick i learned here on TSF. when pre-pressing the shirt i fold it in half and press the shirt. This makes a crease down the center of the shirt (Provided you folded the shirt correctly), place the transfer 3 inches down from the collar centered on the creased center line the press. That is pretty much it. Never had a shirt that was off and if it was it wasn't noticeable.

Katrina

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Kat, your bloods worth bottling! That solution is simple and effective and I will give it a try.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts