T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, hope you are doing well, staying safe and having a good holiday season. :) First time on here since the big change in looks, nice. Anyways I do motorcycle biker designs as those who know me here know.

I am making some custom designs using bought biker template designs. Often you see stuff like a motorcycle and then text like "American motorcycles, Est 1948 California" or "Custom motorcycles Est 1955 Texas".

I can change the text. So my question is just what is the significance of the date and state or city? I see many wearing stuff like this with that type of text on it and they don't even know, they just think it looks cool! So is it just random dates and states, or do they mean real biker shops? Thanks, sorry it's a dumb question.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Google "Lorem Ipsum"
Hi, thanks for the reply. Yes I do know what Lorem Ipsum means. However you can find hundreds of biker designs out there selling online and in store with the type of text I described above. So again I just don't understand it.

I can see how a real biker shop in Texas or somewhere would make a design and put their shop name, date established and state on a design. But there are hundreds of shirts out there with a variation of this text that seems to have no meaning other than it looks "cool".

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it is simply a design element

if you are doing a retro design matched with a distressed font, it makes it even more interesting imo
Hi, how ya doing? :) So basically you could use it for a real bike shop, but most of the time it's just a cool vintage look. Sort of designs that show vintage gas station signs and stuff like that. That makes sense. So I could use whatever seems to look best for text then. And if I was doing a real biker event use the state it is in. Thanks.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You are wrong on this.
Here is an example of a real shop, and you can buy their hoodies and t-shirts.
View attachment 271891
Hi again. Actually I was agreeing with you that some real biker shops do put their names and shop on designs. But down here in Orlando, Fl. I can go into gift shops and select from a dozen biker designs that have states and names that nobody has ever heard of and the places that sell them have no idea what the logos mean.

So yes, you can change the stock names to a real biker shop, I agree. But many seem to sell them with stock or made up shops just because they look good. Or like the pictures I posted above no shop name or state, just "custom bikes" and so on. Nice hoodie. :)

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
So yes, you can change the stock names to a real biker shop, I agree. But many seem to sell them with stock or made up shops just because they look good.
Well... would you think "Force Motorcycles" is a real shop?
Also now that you do know... Which one would you buy? The real or one of a fake?
I personally wouldn't wear one of the fake ones in public, even if it was given to me for free.
Is it just me?
I'd happily wear this though... "front to rear inspection" LOL!
Clothing Product Sleeve Shirt Sportswear

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
do you need some distressed overlays, and/or fonts?
Thanks for the offer. I can always use more, so sure if you have some please point me in the direction with a link or whatever. I have gotten some free biker fonts but I'm always looking for more. Don't know much about overlays.

I use to only buy stock transfers. But now that I have illustrator I can see how much I was missing. Been adding text to stock transfers and that works great. Plus I'm working on my own designs, which is why I posted this tread. Thanks. :)

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well... would you think "Force Motorcycles" is a real shop?
Also now that you do know... Which one would you buy? The real or one of a fake?
I personally wouldn't wear one of the fake ones in public, even if it was given to me for free.
Is it just me?
I'd happily wear this though... "front to rear inspection" LOL!
View attachment 271892
I always assumed all those bike shops I had never heard of were fake. So I'd wear anything that just looked good. That's a good shirt, lol! The naughty ones are always my best sellers for bikers.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Definitely lots of meaningless "filler" in a lot of designs but obviously not all. Here's an example, it's an ancient Norse symbol with ancient Norse text, which is all authentic, except the designer has been lazy and used text for decoration instead of meaning.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I used to look up to motorcycle gang members as a kid, thinking you were the Robin Hoods of our world. Now that I'm older and have had connection with gangs on Australia's Gold Coast. I realized that today's gangs are a hazard, bringing drugs, firearms, and bloodshed wherever they go.

The reality is that I believe you make society a worse place, and I believe many people would agree with me.

Why do you consider your membership/achievement to be a success? Why not serve a more meaningful purpose in life, one that will enrich and delight the lives of others? Why not seek comradeship with organizations that assist society?

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I used to look up to motorcycle gang members as a kid, thinking you were the Robin Hoods of our world. Now that I'm older and have had connection with gangs on Australia's Gold Coast. I realized that today's gangs are a hazard, bringing drugs, firearms, and bloodshed wherever they go.

The reality is that I believe you make society a worse place, and I believe many people would agree with me.

Why do you consider your membership/achievement to be a success? Why not serve a more meaningful purpose in life, one that will enrich and delight the lives of others? Why not seek comradeship with organizations that assist society?
WTF? Ain't nobody said a damned thing about gangs except you. GTFOOHWTS.

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
WTF? Ain't nobody said a damned thing about gangs except you. GTFOOHWTS.
something ain't right there Ziggy

strange timing as well
bring up a 10 month old thread mentioning a specific country that just happen to have passed the most draconian laws in the western world under the guise of bad bikers, and desperately needs public acquiescence

BikerBill has always been a decent member here, and never mentioned gang-affiliation
plus he is american, what does he have to do with someone's personal experience on another continent?

it is not fair to Bill

1 - 20 of 21 Posts