T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been selling for 10 years and I am starting to think in 2021, am I fulfilling my orders the fastest way possible? From picking the design to the style of the box, printing and packaging. My method for years is sort the packing slips into t-shirts, hoodies, tank tops etc. Take a label find the style for example Red L hoodie( which is mixed in boxes) find the design (which can take between a few seconds to a few minutes), print, fold, stick in the bag and over again. 10 years later I have people doing this, but I am trying to figure out a better system as I am growing and I am sure there are better ways out there. Thanks.

· Registered
4,505 Posts
find the design (which can take between a few seconds to a few minutes)
am I fulfilling my orders the fastest way possible?
Obviously not.
Designs should be filed in numeric order, so they are easy to find.

for example Red L hoodie( which is mixed in boxes)
Colors are much easier to find than sizes, so I would keep same size and brand hoodies in the same box, regardless of color.

· Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Obviously not.
Designs should be filed in numeric order, so they are easy to find.

Colors are much easier to find than sizes, so I would keep same size and brand hoodies in the same box, regardless of color.
Yes, the designs being filed under numeric order is my next step, anything else that speeds up production? Thanks.

· Registered
22 Posts
It's hard to say without seeing your layout but keep in mind if you can always cut out steps like walking a long distance, transporting goods from station to station, or having to re-do anything and you will see an immediate improvement. You should check out six sigma methodologies if you have a chance. it's quick and simple and explains a lot of what you are asking for.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.