T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings!!

I've been looking at either the CE6000 24" or the FC8600 24" for production of a product of mine. The material I'm using is called Kraft-tex and is a paper/rubber composite at 25mil thick. I currently use a Silhouette Cameo for prototyping but need to step it up here in a few months for actual production. The Cameo is rated at 20mil, the CE is 10mil and the FC is about 60mil. The Cameo cuts the material almost flawlessly, it's not a tough material to cut just thick, think thicker kraft paper. So basically my question is, if I put a longer blade in the CE6000 will it cut more than 10mil? I'd much prefer to pay almost half the price of the FC8600. Cutting speed isn't as large of a factor as the depth is mainly. Thanks for any assistance!

Brad

· Registered
84 Posts
Greetings!!

I've been looking at either the CE6000 24" or the FC8600 24" for production of a product of mine. The material I'm using is called Kraft-tex and is a paper/rubber composite at 25mil thick. I currently use a Silhouette Cameo for prototyping but need to step it up here in a few months for actual production. The Cameo is rated at 20mil, the CE is 10mil and the FC is about 60mil. The Cameo cuts the material almost flawlessly, it's not a tough material to cut just thick, think thicker kraft paper. So basically my question is, if I put a longer blade in the CE6000 will it cut more than 10mil? I'd much prefer to pay almost half the price of the FC8600. Cutting speed isn't as large of a factor as the depth is mainly. Thanks for any assistance!

Brad
Brad, the CE will cut much thicker media than 10mil. It will routinely handle 20-25mil material, depending on how dense it is. You'll want to use a 60° or CB15U blade of course. If you're not sure, send us a sample of the material and we'll test it for you so you can be sure the cutter will handle it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.