T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Can anybody explain the function of the matte black please. There is the option to switch to matte but as both black cartridges contain the same ink I'm not sure what this does. Is there even any need to have ink in the left hand black cartridge as I'm assuming that it isn't used unless matte is selected. Can it just be left full of cleaning fluid ?

Thank you

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hello Sir,

the printer has two blacks cartridges, two tubes, two different dampers but only one black channel on the head. The switch is happening from the top panel as you mention in the email. The printer uses the one selected on the top panel and the one is selected in the rip software.

What we recommend as best option here is to have both channels filled with ink and occasionally, as we are using bulk system, swap the black cartridges so they ink on the first cartridge is not getting old.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the reply. Seems a strange system rather than just having the one cartridge. Would it be the same to physically swap the positions of the 2 black cartridges occasionally to ensure that they both get regular use ?
Bit confused about the RIP software part. Do you mean that you also have to change the selection here, or that the software will use whichever black is selected on the printer ?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hello,

Depending on the rip you are using, the black ink selection is either locked (Texjet RIP v7) or requires a few steps to change it (Digital Factory Apparel). That is the main reason why we recommend, instead of changing the settings, to occasionally swap the cartrdiges number 1 and 2 positions on the ink system.

In addition changing the settings and the channel selected and not the cartridges we suggested, will consumes a small amount of black ink each time you change it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah ok that's good. I use DFA and I'm quite happy to physically swap positions of the 2 black cartridges rather than change settings. Is there no issue with the ink that will be sat in the tube between the matte cartridge and where it meets the ink from the standard black ?

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Seems a strange system rather than just having the one cartridge. Would it be the same to physically swap the positions of the 2 black cartridges occasionally to ensure that they both get regular use ?
These are Epson photo printers retrofitted on a flatbed base.
Polyprint is using the stock (very problematic in my opinion) ink system, and this is why you have the useless additional cartridge.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hello Tabob,

thank you for your feedback.

Generally speaking each ink system-printhead and the whole print engine has some certain characteristics. The ink companies based on those characteristics, produce a certain series of inks compatible with that print engine.

We know that the inks we provide are compatible with the print engine but please dont misunderstand us. As on every dtg printer and digital printing in general, the ink flow parts are consumables and will need to be changed at some point.

We are here to help you though if there is an issue with your printer.

We kindly ask to contact our support team and we will do our best to help you out.

Support | POLYPRINT (polyprintdtg.com)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts