T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been a custom embroidery shop for over 10 years, but cannot figure out how to create what I need for a project.

I need to embroider lettering in an arch that can be applied to the garments as a heat transfer.....I cannot find much on the internet, so I have come to the experts.....can anyone tell me the best way to do this so that is can be heat applied....jpeg sample below (design going in the center, but I can do it in 2 separate pieces.....help!!!

Attachments

· Registered
7 Posts
I have been a custom embroidery shop for over 10 years, but cannot figure out how to create what I need for a project.

I need to embroider lettering in an arch that can be applied to the garments as a heat transfer.....I cannot find much on the internet, so I have come to the experts.....can anyone tell me the best way to do this so that is can be heat applied....jpeg sample below (design going in the center, but I can do it in 2 separate pieces.....help!!!

I have embroidered patches and applied them using fabric glue. Also, look on badge application on the internet. There is one I ran across when I googled awhile back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
9,952 Posts
Start with https://www.dalcoathletic.com/

The letters are cut twill and they get a zig zag stitch around the outside. You will need to specify you want the sew file for the letters. If you want 2 color letters then ask for Kiss Cut, it is much easier. They will come together and you will sew it down and then heat press.

You can also look at https://twillusa.com/ They have a similar product.

· Registered
4,816 Posts

You can buy blank sheets or pre-cut patches from embroidery supply vendor like Allstich Blank patches or Enmart Myenmart blank emblems patches. Or use heat sensitive tackle twill fabric from Stalhs Twill-applique fabric material or Gunold Twill fabric or Colman Twill Material. Heat press the patch then reinforce with zig zag or satin stitch around the edges.

Or use heavy polyester fabric. I get away using it for applique then satin stitch on the target fabric.

Attached is an example. Iit is not exactly what you want but my point is you can use heavy fabric.

If you want a patch with clean satin stitch border watch this video: Gunold embroidered patch

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.