T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, thanks to "csquared" (Chris) for pointing me in this direction to get some design/functionality advice on my site!

URL is: www.MataMan.com

Anyone, everyone please check out the site and let me know what you think? Nothing like getting critique from your peers.

I just started pushing the site through banner link exchange etc and am figuring out what works and doesn't at a slow (but reasonable) pace. So, if you got comments or suggestions, please feel free to crucify or kudos me!

Till then, best!

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Don't have time for a full review right now, but here's a few things I noticed with a quick glance:

You have a pop-up that comes up on the main page. This is a good way to instantly lose customers that don't have pop-up blockers installed; this type of advertising is heavily frowned upon, and really tends to look unprofessional.

The navigation on the left is almost unreadable. You need to increase the contrast (make the red brighter) quite a bit.

The product pages all have a bunch of fluff at the top... this is good in some ways, but it seems to be too much in this case, and detracts from the actual products. Also, in at least some cases you have larger images that are shrunk on the page; this makes them look fuzzy AND takes extra time to load (so shrink the images down).

The site has a horizontal scrollbar on less than 1024x768 resolution; that potentially alienates 15% of your customerbase.

The 'TopicAds' on the right side don't work.

That's what I've got for now, I imagine some others will be by and point out other good and bad =)

·
Registered
124 Posts
The first item that annoyed me about your page was the pop-up, it is extremely unprofessional, and quite annoying. Also there is no quick "buy now" button, which may be helpful. The main page has quite a bit of context, however it does not show your product to it's fullest potential. It may be more benificial to simply have less content and more products. Afterall you are selling products not content. Just a few suggestions...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts