T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What up guys,

Currently, I do branding work for a small batch of clients that trickle in on a month to month basis, it’s decent money BUT it could be better. A few months ago I invested in a whole bunch of equipment to screen print and I think I’m setup to handle some pretty decent sized jobs for a one man band.

but now I’m trying to figure out marketing - with design it was word of mouth and making content but how do you get screen printing clients? I could up sell to those I do have but what are you guys doing in your printing biz to start the flow of customers and keep it flowing regularly?

a few real world tactics would help, I’m stomped

·
Registered
363 Posts
The starting point would be to enter your thread title into the TSF search bar as there's plenty of previously published content for you to read, once you have a broader perspective you'll be able to ask more targeted questions specific to your circumstances.

·
Registered
9,392 Posts
Do you have a website? Can you post the link? That would be the easiest way to advertise. If you post the link I can pretty much tell you how to do your SEO so you show up at the top of all searches for what you do.

Next, do you ask your customers if they know anyone? Do you have schools in your area? Most schools and districts have preferred vendor programs, get signed up. Are there events in your area? 5K walks, car/bike shows, etc. Approach them to be a vendor and if you can be the preferred vendor and do the event shirts.

·
Registered
9,392 Posts
Hello? Are you still working on this? Do you have a website to look at?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello? Are you still working on this? Do you have a website to look at?
Still here, and I'll take all the help! My website doesn't have any SEO for Google yet (still working on the blog section). A lot of my current business is referrals within my local network. I want to do Youtube and dive into the screenprinting niche. I think there's some opportunity for a POC to do some interesting off-the-beaten-path content with some different takes.

From what you asked, I haven't spoken with any organizations or event coordinators near me, so that's definitely a good idea. I offered a current client my printing services. They wanted to stick with a family member who was doing printing overseas, which I respect. I'm doing some "spec work" for a few musicians in my city to get my feet wet with printing locally, then jumping into asking local businesses for sure.

All in all, this still lacks a predictable and reliable marketing plan.

Links below to check out my website and design work.

(I will be posting some of my latest screenprinting work in the next week or so)
View Design Work Here

1 - 9 of 9 Posts