T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a online store selling screen printed baby and toddler tees and one-pieces. I was just wondering if anyone had some advise on good ways to market for this demographic. I've posted links to my site on a few baby forums and email a few bloggers about my site, but that's about all I've done so far. You can check out my store here Chunky Chunk. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

· Registered
19 Posts
Well, since it is the parents who will be deciding on their child's digs, I recommend examining your budget, and deciding what you have $$$ for. Print ads with 72 hr sales would work very well in a magazine for mothers, or possibly even a southwest skymall magazine ad. Those types of publications are great for reaching people when they are relaxed, and engaged in what they are reading. IF print is too expensive, I recommend advertising at local gyms, (where new moms work out) and coffee shops, grocery stores, anything connected to mother's will work best for you.

BTW, Your site is great, and designs are fun and colorful. They have great potential and if marketed correctly and promoted locally, you can really make something happen with this. When you are ready to go to China and start ordering more than 10,000 a piece, look into an international sourcing agent/company like mine. Let me tell you from experience, when you hit that point, and you will, it gets real fun.

Good luck and Hope some of this was helpful.:)

· Registered
38 Posts
Hello
I have to comment on the website, which is great actually 9/10. You are missing an address and contact Tel No. I won't buy anything from a site unless it has some contact details so I can check them out.
My idea is maybe sponsor a cute baby contest or something similar.The prizes being your clothing ?.Also keep an eye out on the newspapers for the family who end up with triplets/quads or more, you could do a deal with them ?.

Regards Obeseman

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello
I have to comment on the website, which is great actually 9/10. You are missing an address and contact Tel No. I won't buy anything from a site unless it has some contact details so I can check them out.
My idea is maybe sponsor a cute baby contest or something similar.The prizes being your clothing ?.Also keep an eye out on the newspapers for the family who end up with triplets/quads or more, you could do a deal with them ?.

Regards Obeseman
Thanks for the post and the great ideas Obeseman. I'm really glad I posted here because you guys are coming up with ideas I never thought of. Also, thank you for the compliment on the site. I will definitely put some contact info on there ASAP.

· Registered
1,110 Posts
You might want to consider adding an about us page which would tell why you started the company and who you are. Many people like to form connections with the companies from which they buy. It would also be great to get some pictures of your clothes on kids.

As for where you should market, don't forget forums for new parents and, perhaps even more important, don't forget the Mommy bloggers. They're out there and they have legions of readers. I'll give you one example. This blog is written by a woman with one older child and infant twins. She has tons of readers and they'll buy the things she recommends. There are many more mommy bloggers. Find a few and offer to send them a sample of your clothes in exchange for a review.

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You might want to consider adding an about us page which would tell why you started the company and who you are. Many people like to form connections with the companies from which they buy. It would also be great to get some pictures of your clothes on kids.

As for where you should market, don't forget forums for new parents and, perhaps even more important, don't forget the Mommy bloggers. They're out there and they have legions of readers. I'll give you one example. This blog is written by a woman with one older child and infant twins. She has tons of readers and they'll buy the things she recommends. There are many more mommy bloggers. Find a few and offer to send them a sample of your clothes in exchange for a review.
I definitely add the About Us page soon. Thanks for the advice.

· Registered
5 Posts
I am new to the business and I would like to thank everyone that posted here. I have so many questions but just by searching the forum it seems that they all get answered. I check your website chunkychunk and it looks really good. I am jealous. my website is in the beginning stages and it needs a lot of work but I am getting there. good luck with your venture. and enjoy your wife and daughter.:eek:

· Premium Member
7,117 Posts
Another way to market kids clothing is to submit samples to baby product review sites. There are alot of really good ones, and by sending them a sample they will do a write up on your product. This I have found when first starting out was a great way to get my product out there to the people I was targeting. They are really easy to find by googling baby product reviews. hope this helps.

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Another way to market kids clothing is to submit samples to baby product review sites. There are alot of really good ones, and by sending them a sample they will do a write up on your product. This I have found when first starting out was a great way to get my product out there to the people I was targeting. They are really easy to find by googling baby product reviews. hope this helps.
I'll definitely look into this, thanks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.