T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a business owner now for 2 years. I bought an existing business of 12 years. The previous owner didnt advertise ect.. We have been fortunate throughout these tough economic times and continue to do well. However, I would like to continue growing. In my area we have 7 phone books, a million small papers and 2 million coupon books. I would like suggestions from some of you who have had successful marketing strategies. I am thinking nice reusable shopping bags ect... I really don't want to throw my money away. Please share with what has worked for you.

·
Registered
9,333 Posts
If you have a retail location then do a one page website that includes your street address and what you do and register with google local.

Then, print 5000 biz cards and go to all you local gov't agencies (schools, city hall, etc.) and register to become a preferred vendor.

Then, go to all your local clubs, karate, ymca, ,football, softball, soccer, masons, elks, mooose and ask to do a promotional presentation and bring samples.

Then, contact all your local car and motorcyle clubs and do a presentation for them.

Then, start cold calling all your local businesses.

That will take you about a year to do. Come back then and we can revisit what is next :)

good luck

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Don't neglect social media either. Facebook and Twitter have both been used successfully by local businesses to find local customers. There are really two tricks to it. One is to be strategic about who you follow or friend. You want local people and local businesses. The second is to make sure your feed is interesting and showcases your work but isn't too over the top on the selling.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts