T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Hello,

For the past 3 years, some friends and I have had a printing company which specializes in screen printing, collateral, digital, direct-to-garment, and assorted promotional product printing. We started out of college and have expanded now to the point where we produce nearly a half million dollars in gross Revenue annually.

However, up until this point most of our marketing has been viral or very inexpensive and randomly dispersed. We have established several niche markets we have seen ourselves able to compete in, and are ready to spend some serious marketing dollars.

My question is not necessarily how to market, but more how to position our company separate from most clothing lines. We have had issues in the past with people thinking we are a clothing line because we produce our own branded apparel and distribute it to our immediate network for branding identity purposes.

Being a company that produces other people's clothing lines, we have seen adversity in the past positioning ourselves as a printer for other companies and really targeting and reaching those individuals whom have their own clothing line but need a company like us to print it.

Any suggestions?

Thank You
Taylor Moson

· Registered
21 Posts
Hey Taylor,
you're website is really well done. Great design and easy to navigate. Although you explicitly say what you do and all of the services you offer, I think a simple slogan or a moto would help to solve your problem. Something along the lines of, "Consuul, providing cutting edge product customization for all of your business needs." Just a rough idea, but as long as you use that slogan on all of your promotion and PR materials, you guys shouldn't have a problem thinking that you are related to the business' you guys print for. Hope this helps!

· Registered
1,110 Posts
I have just begun researching radio advertising. What are some good locations for industry information such as rates, etc.?
Radio uses Arbitron ratings to measure audience and such. Any radio station you talk to should be able to give you their Arbitrons and also should be able to break down their audience by time period and demographic.

Your best bet, but also the most expensive, is drive time, which is the hours when people are driving too and from work. The cheapest will probably be a run of schedule advertisement. I'd be wary of those. Not all run of schedule buys are bad, but you can end up running at 2 am when no one is listening.

For television you want the Nielsen ratings. They do the same thing the Arbitron ratings do for radio. Again, if you buy local tv, the station from which you buy should be able to provide demographic information. A lot of people will tell you cable is the cheapest buy, and it often is, but the audience is much smaller and, if you really want to make an impact, you need to appear in specific popular shows.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.