T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to find out if the vinyl I am buying is genuine. Do any of the following brands NOT mark the backing with their logos and leave it completely blank?

FDC, GMI, Avery, 3M

The vinyl I currently buy, cuts like butter, and is super easy to weed, but it is never marked. I am 90% sure it is one of the brands above.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
The Avery does have markings on the back at least the ones I have do and the Oracal will have to hope this helps.

·
Registered
938 Posts
I am trying to find out if the vinyl I am buying is genuine. Do any of the following brands NOT mark the backing with their logos and leave it completely blank?

FDC, GMI, Avery, 3M

The vinyl I currently buy, cuts like butter, and is super easy to weed, but it is never marked. I am 90% sure it is one of the brands above.
Have you peeked inside the tube/roll the vinyl came on? (If you ordered a roll.) Some companies will place a label inside one end to identify it. FDC does this.

Also, I have cut sheets of vinyl where there is a label present on the other side of the backing of what the product is. I tend to see more labeling of signage & decal vinyl than heat applied materials.

What was your vinyl supplier's answer to this question?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is not inner tube as I only order 25' at a time. They say all the vinyl is mixes brands. It is great vinyl, I just want to be able to get a color chart for it. Thanks everyone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts