T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys
As i am new to the industry I am doing as much research as I can. Could someone please tell me what sought of cost are involved with getting shirts made overseas. E.g. import Tax etc.
Thanks

·
Registered
968 Posts
hi guys
As i am new to the industry I am doing as much research as I can. Could someone please tell me what sought of cost are involved with getting shirts made overseas. E.g. import Tax etc.
Thanks
As a textile goods exporter, we noted the biggest cost difference is shipping cost between domestic and overseas selling. Actually, there are some costs involved when we exporting, such as exporting tax, export certificates cost, other cost charged by our custom, meanwhile, our government encourage the export, and every time export of textile goods we can get duty refund from government, so the price we quote to our overseas client's only add shipping cost only. Of course, per our experiences, the destinations countries will charge a much higher import duty, each country has a different charges related when import textile goods from overseas. You'd better to learn the involved costs from your local importer or custom.

·
Registered
60 Posts
hi guys
Thanks
Take cost for import garments from China for example:
1. Freight charge collect;
2. Fuel Surcharge;
3. Security Surcharge;
4. Delivery charges (if you want your forwarder help transfer products from port to your warehouse);
5. Messenger Fee;
6. AMS Fee;
7. Customs Clearance Fee;
8. Insurance;
9. Disbursement fee.

Except the above charges, you will need to pay import tax to your local customs, import tax is about 32% for shirts--might vary a little depends on the HS CODE you use.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks heaps for your insight. There is so much to consider if I am to go ahead with this. I was thinking about starting my own line of shirts and just selling them from home. Do you think this will be viable or will it cost too much? What is an AMS fee?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thanks heaps for your insight. There is so much to consider if I am to go ahead with this. I was thinking about starting my own line of shirts and just selling them from home. Do you think this will be viable or will it cost too much? What is an AMS fee?
As I am in China, I am not sure about the costs of starting your own line, however, my US clients import from China and print in US, this help them make huge money.

AMS is short for AUTOMATED/ADVANCE MANIFEST SYSTEM.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Sam29, very good posts on this board about those that have went that route, use the search feature at the top and you will find some good reading material.
Here's two threads to get you started but there are many more you should look at.

http://www.t-shirtforums.com/wholesale-t-shirts/t5882.html
http://www.t-shirtforums.com/wholesale-t-shirts/t30649.html

Also several threads on starting your own line as well. Again the search feature at the top of the page is very useful as many questions you may have, have already been answered.

Good luck and happy reading.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello. I'm a newby to the t-shirt industry. I am located in Panama and would like to know if there are t-shirt and other apparel manufacturers located in Panama. I am looking to buy locally so that I can avoid the import fees. Anyone have any leads for me. Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts