T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it industry protocal to not give away who your manufacturer is? I finally found the exact type of t-shirt i have been looking for, only for the very smaill company to tell me that they wouldn't tell me who their manufacturer is. Is this standard? I'm not frustrated or anything. I just want to know if it is normal. Thanks.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I dont know...

but it does not sound right... why wouldent they tell you who makes the product. unless the manufacture sells the item for less.... they might be afraid you could get it directly from them for a less price.

Lorena

·
Premium Member
27,689 Posts
I don't know if it is "standard", but many companies may not want to share who their manufacturer is so they can have a "unique" product. Especially if they are getting the shirts custom made to their specifications.

You can check the RN number in the label of the shirt to try to track down the manufacturer on your own, however some manufacturers may have exclusive deals with the companies they make garments for.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
ttcibryan said:
Is it industry protocal to not give away who your manufacturer is?
I'd say it's pretty common.

Speaking for myself, if I was using a standard pre-manufactured blank (e.g. Fruit of the Loom, American Apparel, etc.) and someone asked I'd be happy to share the brand/style number. If I was using something custom manufactured, I wouldn't be telling everyone who asked who manufactured it just because they asked.

Some people are more share-y than others.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.