T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MY HEAT PRESS IS MANUAL, IS 50LBS OF PRESSURE= TO PUTTING 50LBS OF WEIGHT ON CLAM TO GET IT CLOSED.:confused:

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
The desired pressure is the pressure on the platen. The rule of thumb, light pressure, close easily with one hand but feel a firm pressure; medium pressure requires a hard push down with one hand; heavy pressure requires both hands to close. Hope this helps. God Bless.

·
Registered
996 Posts
I have an auto-open DK20. Just for giggles, does anyone make an auto-close press?

·
Registered
21 Posts
consistant pressure is one of the reasons I am considering an air operated press rather than a manual press. With the high probability of doing a lot of applications to the new moisture wicking materials I was thinking that the more accurate pressure control the better.

Do any of the manual presses have pressure guages for accuracy?

·
Registered
996 Posts
Thanks Ed. Do these presses require a seperate air compressor? If so, what size I.E. HP or CFM do they need. Usually any piece of machinery with an air cylinder requires a certain amount of CFM at a a given PSI. This in turn converts into HP. Thanks for you info.

·
Registered
612 Posts
The Stahls Hotronix press I have has a presure gage. It reads 1-10, so it doesn't give you a pounds reading, but once you find a setting you like, you can be very consistant with it.

·
Registered
6,875 Posts
A 3/4 HP and a 2 1/2 gallon tank are the minimum requirements for the air compressor.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am looking at generator and compressor pairings as well, to make sure I have enough generator power to run two presses and the compressor. I am considering a larger tank for the compressor because I want to be able to not have the compressor cycle on and off as much

·
Registered
21 Posts
PS - I saw the numberical guages 1-9 but didn't know of any way to calibrate to a specific pressure load. The air operated press I was looking at had an actual pressure guage that would make me more comfortable in properly specifying the pressure especially if I have others helping me. Mainly for consistancy. Though I guess thre might be some way to guage the pressure? Ideas anyone?

·
Registered
996 Posts
Thanks for the info Ed. I am assuming that the pressure will be around 80 PSI or does the air pressure influence the press pressure. Sorry to be a pain.

·
Registered
6,875 Posts
The pressure setting on the manual machine is just a gauge. If you have a setting that feels 'right' the gauge is a good reminder of that setting.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
PS - I saw the numberical guages 1-9 but didn't know of any way to calibrate to a specific pressure load. The air operated press I was looking at had an actual pressure guage that would make me more comfortable in properly specifying the pressure especially if I have others helping me. Mainly for consistancy. Though I guess thre might be some way to guage the pressure? Ideas anyone?
On the Hotronix presses, for example a setting of 6 would roughly represent 60 PSI.

To get a pressure reading on those presses, you would press the pressure button, and then lock the press down. You will then get a reading from 0-9.

·
Registered
996 Posts
So Nick, your saying that there is a separate pressure guage on the press and this adjusts the pressure at the press. The PSI setting at the compressor would have to be higher than the highest pressure at the press. Prob. around 100 PSI. This sounds more logical to me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts