T-Shirt Forums banner

MANILA: Newbie’s first print run (silkscreened shirts)

2569 Views 0 Replies 1 Participant Last post by  Lunacy
Like a lot of people who want to get into this business, I had a lot of designs in mind at first. But as I learned about the expenses, it became clear that I couldn't afford to do multiple designs. So I decided to start with a small 3” x 4” mono-color graphic – to be printed as a logo on the shirt.

At Juan Luna, I was frustrated by most of the shops' “minimum 6 shirts per size per color" policy. One Stop, which I found out about in this forum, has the same rigid policy. For a few weeks I had to shelve the whole idea of doing t-shirts.

Then I found out about another place, in Cubao, na pwede assorted pero 1 dozen minimum. That was fine with me. (Later on I learned that this place is actually linked to One Stop*.) There I ended up ordering 20 shirts, assorted sizes, colors, brands.

##########################################

My expenses more or less:

1600 For 20 assorted shirts @ P80 average price - 100% cotton kasi
300 Set-up fee per screen per color.
600 P30 silkscreen printing labor x 20 shirts
--------

2500 TOTAL excluding transport and t-shirt packaging

##########################################

Some say mahal actually yung silkscreen charge na P30 per shirt, since my graphic is small and mono-color pa. For now professional naman yung quality, no minimum required, plus, a BIG bonus, the guy doing the printing seems to hate my design LOL! So I’m confident he won’t think of stealing it. Actually importante sakin yon LOL.

Anyway, there you have it, you can go into the t-shirt business with around P2500 capital. Sa akin MAJOR expense yung transport costs – I still have to look for suppliers in the south para gumaan ung overhead.

Maybe this will help other newbies, and hopefully, the veterans out there could give me some tips how to further minimize costs. Any others out there starting a “micro” capital t-shirt business, hope you could contribute your experience to this thread.

*Ellison Screen Graphics
See less See more
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.