T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at InkSoft and DecoNetwork as I am a smaller shop. InkSoft has increased their pricing and Has so so reviews. DecoNetwork has decent pricing and so so reviews. Most of the discussion on these is year or so older.

Is anyone using these providers or is there a better provider that I should look at.

Thank you for your time

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have heard the same about Inksoft, and that it is geared more for online sales tracking not the actual production side. I am in the same boat, I am at the point of needing a production based management software. I have been told to check out Printavo. You might look at them.

I too am interested in any other software to help me grow and be more efficient.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am looking at Printavo but,

1: to get the same level of software, you need enterprise level.

2: One main draw back is that you can not use your own domain. They allow you to use a sub domain off of their domain name.

tshirtselling.com not possible
teshirtselling.printavo.com is how your domain would be and only available on the Enterprise level. Not very professional looking.

I had Printavo when they started at $15.00 per month and were still growing, but a need more and went with a self hosted software. I have out grown what I have now and am looking for something to move to.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys! Hope you don't mind me butting in, I am new to this forum thing and joined simply to find a software for our business in the UK

Currently looking at Deco, ShopVOX, TradeGecko, Printavo

ALL have their pros and cons - it is so hard to choose!

·
Registered
70 Posts
We use Printavo currently, which is great for my production needs, but our company is super multifaceted and it lacks the stuff we need for website integration. We are looking at Inksoft and DecoNetwork right now and I personally believe that Inksoft looks less clunky and has some better options. All of these companies are more than happy to give you a run through of their service, which we've done. I guess I'm just worried that we are going to spend another $1500 on getting the next program, using if for six months, and then searching again because we don't like it. Trial and error is a *****.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wish Deco and Inksoft would give 30 days trial so I could make a decision on purchasing. I hate the outrageous set up fee those two are charging. One thing I forgot to find out is are they putting you on a shared hosting server or are they using a VPS server for each customer they have.

I am leaning more towards Deco as they let you use your own domain for your setup. I think this is a big plus for dealing with customers as the would be doing approvals and purchases through your website rather than a sub domain of the company you choose to order from. I

·
Registered
27 Posts
The problem I've found with these tshirt builder websites is that they don't funnel in the customers you want. They're all high complexity, low quantity jobs. And very few come in.

I think shops saw CustomInk saying oh wow we need to be like that. But they spend millions of dollars on marketing a year.

We're not customink and our big advantages are amazing customer service + personal connections.

In fact, I'm determined that those designer tools hurt your customer conversions. We have a simple form, that's quick for customers to fill out and we go from there. Plus most of our business is from existing customers as well.

Just my thoughts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Having a Trial period to play with these software packages would really be Helpful. We actually have looked into both Deco and InkSoft, and actually spent a couple of Grand on the Inksoft License package. Afterwards found out it didn't really work as advertised and their Customer Service was Horrible. Tried to get our money back since we never actually launched it but that didn't happen, even talked to the owner directly....expensive lesson learned. We still have never used the Inksoft software. We still do it the old fashion way; customers email us the graphics and we work our Magic and send them a digital proof for approval.

You can purchase the same designer software that both InkSoft and Deco use. I don't remember the link, but I found it while searching for other design software options. The software company that has the design software package shows proudly that InkSoft and an extensive list of other companies are among their customers. If you only want the Design Works part of the software I believe that both Deco and Inksoft offer it as a downloadable package to put on your existing website or on your own platform.

Good luck finding something.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We use Deco Network and were really upset when we first got it. We paid all this money and felt abandoned after our half hour "Tutorial". I spent months trying to figure out how to get it set up, while still paying the monthly fee. I finally gave up and hired someone to get it up and running. Now that it's working, it's pretty great. As long as I don't have any urgent questions because they are in Australia and there's always a long delay in getting a response. Other than that...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Lots of helpful feedback here. Thanks for sharing.

Would definitely have to agree with @johnconvoy here in regards to the online designer tools.

I think there's a ton of value to creating online stores where you are listing pre-designed product for a specific company, school, cause, etc. And platforms like InkSoft or DecoNetwork and others allow you to do that as well.

But unless you are really driving a lot of traffic to your site, I'm not sure you can get a really good return on the online designer tools.
I've talked with quite a few shop owners and a lot of them don't generate much revenue from the online designer.

To give a real world example:

- My wife would definitely spend an hour designing a single t-shirt for one of our daughters and happily pay $25-30 for it.

- A business owner who's ordering $1500 worth of screen printed shirts to giveaway at an event is more likely to pay a professional to handle the artwork for them, instead of spending an hour of their time trying to design their own.

Getting back to the original topic,
I wish I could actually count all the hours we spent trying to find the right software in my old shop. Probably 100s of hrs.

I actually put together a buyers guide in an effort to help others find the right software for their shop.

You can find it here - https://www.inksauce.io/shop-management-software/

·
Registered
1 Posts
HI
This is a great dilemma. We are using Deco and it is expensive. We are a small shop that wanted web stores because of our business model. We like the workflow of all the stores goes to one fulfillment center, however, the store portion is non-flexible. I think ink soft would be better for that, but really expensive for just that. I hate that there is a one time fee for the product, that's a money grab.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have heard the same about Inksoft, and that it is geared more for online sales tracking not the actual production side. I am in the same boat, I am at the point of needing a production based management software. I have been told to check out Printavo. You might look at them.

I too am interested in any other software to help me grow and be more efficient.
Some of you may or may not have heard of Smake german cloud based program for end to end workflow.
whilst it's not necessarily aimed at the smaller end of the market it will allow you to modularly grown yes there are monthly fees and an initial fee with free automatic updates.
The sole focus is more towards the workflow in the back end and production and will openly connect to other systems VIA API woo commerce, magenta and soon i hope Deco, a lot of the systems dont do the backend production workflow connecting to Digital equipment which is what in the end most of us outside of administrative tasks on current systems are looking for

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Stay away form Inksoft, we had them for just over a year, dumped over 5k into it, made 1 sale, went back to just our old website, Etsy, and facebook, and of course word of mouth, and repeat customers as far as the online designer, 99 percent of our customers didn't like that route, as they aren't graphic designers...just my 2c

·
Registered
15 Posts
Stay away form Inksoft, we had them for just over a year, dumped over 5k into it, made 1 sale, went back to just our old website, Etsy, and facebook, and of course word of mouth, and repeat customers as far as the online designer, 99 percent of our customers didn't like that route, as they aren't graphic designers...just my 2c
Just curious with all the anti-visual-editor workflow. Do you guys use the visual editor internally at all? For instance for sales person to open a Sales Order on the fly?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts