T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Assuming that you're screen printing with plastisol and not DTG or water based screen printing you might try these ideas.

What screen mesh are you using? Is the over all issue ink coverage or are your edges not crisp?

A lower mesh between 110 and 130 might help.

Are you flashing the white and printing a 2nd pass?

Also, when you do your print stroke, hold your squeegee at a lower angle. This will cause more ink to press through the screen. You'll have to experiment with the stroke to get the desired effect.

Other factors that might help is how you coat your screens. IF you use a direct emulsion, doing an extra coat on the shirt side after the first coats are dry will give you a taller ink column. You might have to increase your exposure time a little. Another thing you'll need to experiment with.

· Registered
4,584 Posts
Sorry, this is for DTG Printing with Epson F2000, don't know if expecting to much or what!
The attached pics show the details, top was defaults and bottom is print quality 3 with density 100%, doesn't really make a difference
More pretreatment needed. You need to keep that ink on the surface. However, be careful not to go too far. To much pretreatment will affect durability.

This is what I mean when I say that TDG is not as easy as it looks, but then some people want to insist otherwise. :rolleyes:

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh I never said it was easy, lots of variables to it. I am just starting out with it and learning as I go and hope that people that do have knowledge will share or at least put some input into questions.
I was kinda leaning that direction of more pre-treat but didn't want to much.Thank You for your input

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.