T-Shirt Forums banner
161 - 180 of 205 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
sorry chris just getting back on line after the weekend.....i went to mo. for a Great Garment Graphics, imprintables wharehouse and transfer express it was awesome very informative

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm looking at buying a Roland Stika for my very firstest cutter (whoop) and reading through this post has been exactly what I needed to confidently go with it so thanks guys for all the info. I'll post to show how I get on and probably ask a million or so questions.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
I just bought a vinyl cutter and I am all set to go. I just have to sit down and decide where to start.
If you are in an area where there are a lot of tourist then make somme shirts with the name of the city and take to some local shops and see if you can get them to buy. here are some samples i have in a few places in California.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am thinking about buying a cutter/plotter, but I want to make sure it will do what I want first.
All I really want it for is to put logo's, numbers and letters on paintball jerseys. So what I am looking for is something that will print color on to my white vinyl, then cut around it and heat transfer it to my jersey. Any ideas on what to buy and what to use?

·
Registered
135 Posts
I am thinking about buying a cutter/plotter, but I want to make sure it will do what I want first.
All I really want it for is to put logo's, numbers and letters on paintball jerseys. So what I am looking for is something that will print color on to my white vinyl, then cut around it and heat transfer it to my jersey. Any ideas on what to buy and what to use?
Hello: I have a Roland GX-24. It does not print, but it does cut out. I found it works well for larger areas, such as numbers and letters. I have been pleased so far with the machine. I do not know about printing on vinyl, other than a printer/cutter, which is pretty expensive. I would be interested to know if the vinyl can be printed on an ink-jet printer. I never heard of that option. However, if you want to cut out plain vinyl or dark-opaque transfers I would recommend this machine. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello: I have a Roland GX-24. It does not print, but it does cut out. I found it works well for larger areas, such as numbers and letters. I have been pleased so far with the machine. I do not know about printing on vinyl, other than a printer/cutter, which is pretty expensive. I would be interested to know if the vinyl can be printed on an ink-jet printer. I never heard of that option. However, if you want to cut out plain vinyl or dark-opaque transfers I would recommend this machine. Hope this helps.
I second that Cynthia. I just got my gx 24 a couple of weeks ago and it works great. Contour cuts to perfection. As for a cutter/printer I recommend the versacam 300 or 540. Working my way up to that. Has an entry point of about $11,000

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

I am new to this vinyl cutter. I intend to use this with a heat pres machine. I just have a dumb question... can the ligh/opaque transfer paper be used on this cutter or is there another type of paper i should use? thanks!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hi Mike. If I understand correctly, do you mean the plastic that comes on the vinyl? If so, yes you leave it on, but it does not actually cut. It is a carrier for the vinyl; make sure that you have that facing up and the vinyl is the top layer. It's scary to heat it first, thinking it is going to glue to the shirt, but it doesn't. There are a lot of pretty good videos on U-tube to show how to use this thing. I have spent a lot of time there. Hope this helped.
Cynthia

·
Registered
36 Posts
Great Thread...I have a Cutter and often make Tshirts, and presses for Tshirts arms and legs of sweats, when using the right type vinyl often times MOST people can not even tell its Vinyl....one of the Keys is to press a 2nd some times even a 3rd time covering with Kraft paper, Teflon or something else to get a look and feel you like many things achieve different results......Just today I did 4 sweat pants with the name of the team down the side of the leg covered with Kraft paper after the initial and it was awesome, we do MANY MANY names and numbers and they come out looking almost silk screened... and yes On black is the BEST! we also use it a lot for custom logos on jerseys and people just freak out.
and we OFTEN do 2, 3 even 4 colors, if doing Multiple colors and they ARE overlapping I like to mix and match materials like the Thin fashion films and such...If they don't over lap I don't stress the possibility of being "heavy"
Tips:
Already mentioned 2nd 3rd pressing Huge! as the Texture will change with coverings
Don't Shop price, Shop Quality when it comes to materials
Experiment and Play, the possibilities are endless.
Once you design a tee its a great way to make a "prototype" for the world to see before investing in a full run.
Don't forgert Bags!!, back packs and sack packs etc....

More Later

161 - 180 of 205 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.