T-Shirt Forums banner
181 - 200 of 205 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Reply to an old post but curious, Been in the sign business for 12 years but really never thought of using a special vinyl to do shirts with. I own a small 30" at home and I'm now interested in learning more about this adventure. Can someone give me some direction?

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
WyoCarol - I would be glad to help. You will need your cutter, a heat press, and some heat transfer vinyl like Eco Film. Cut the design in mirror image and then weed out the parts you do not need. Then flip the design over onto the shirt so it reads correctly and heat press. Different materials have different heat press settings. Once the design is pressed, peel the carrier film off and you are done!

If you are interested in finding out more or would like some samples to try, send me a PM and I would be glad to help or you can email me directly at steven[USER=108410]@Imprintables[/USER].com

hope this helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
New to the Forum! (so correct me if I'm posting in the wrong location!) I'm purchasing this cutter: New 28" Vinyl Cutter / Cutting Plotter USCutter w/USB on eBay.ca (item 300522417723 end time 05-Mar-11 18:32:19 EST) as I have heard only good reviews especially for the price! Now I am purchasing this just to screw around and make start a little clothing company for me and my friends. I am curious if I have to by a heat transferrer right away or if I could get away with using just a house hold iron for a while (until i save up some more money).
Thanks a ton!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Is the roland anything like my cricut machine? I am currently using the machine to cut my designs. Right now, I am hand painting everything in. I am in the process of looking for a heat press..

How can you scorch the shirt, did the heat press not have a timer, or bell or something like that?

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Is the roland anything like my cricut machine? I am currently using the machine to cut my designs. Right now, I am hand painting everything in. I am in the process of looking for a heat press..

How can you scorch the shirt, did the heat press not have a timer, or bell or something like that?

Deja,

I would get ahold of scuba steve and let him tell you the differences in the roland and the cricut cutters, He knows the rolands very well

Sandy jo

·
Registered
26 Posts
Re: Making my first custom t-shirt with cut vinyl, a viny cutter and a heat press

20 minutes for weeding one shirt, do you charge extra for that?

I hear ya on that one...each weed is about twenty minutes...should have ordered transfers for this job.

Hard to see in the photo but some of the logo fine lettering is less than a quarter inch tall.

·
Registered
25 Posts

If you put your face REAL close to the monitor, you can see my design cut out of the vinyl. A bit closer. There you go.
That just made me properly laugh out loud.

Great walkthrough though, I'm just about to take delivery of my press, and this is a good bit of research, especially the questions (I really had no idea which way round to cut the design.)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wow thank you this has been very help full
I've been making small car stickers
For friends and famliy and my car club I'm with using a craft robo till it broke
I've been buying funny slogan t shirts for years at £10 each so wanted to start
Doing my own so as old machine broke my parents and gf all chipped in for me to get new cutter and heat press and printer for submilition and tried making top with out much luck b4 reading this as didn't know I'm ment to press top 1st to try and dry it out and also got vinyl cheap of eBay then found out don't know any of the setting to use it using glitter vinyl settings 170c and 30seconds worked kind of ok but didn't press top 1st so may be better next time

Cheers dean

·
Registered
2 Posts
thanks alot rodney it was really helpful. I actually started with laser transfer paper and its still in its baby stages, but after reading this i think i should have brought a vinyl cutter first. can some one enlighten me on what is better laser transfer or using vinyl. whats the pros n cons of both if someone has the time to post the answers for me that would be very helpful with my time n costs.

thank you

181 - 200 of 205 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.