T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had Ananajet FP125 for about 3 years now. I love this machine. 2009 was a very hard year for most people. Not for us and our printer. We printed over 12,000 shirts last year at an average resale of $13.50. The Anajet made me more money by far than anything else in my shop. 12,000 shirts works out to 50 shirt per day. 50 shirts takes about 3 hours. Thats $3375.00 per week working 3 hours a day on one machine. Take out the ink and the shirt cost and its still $2875.00 net profit per week. Thats $149,500.00 net profit in one year. Now all I need to do is work it 6 hours per day to double my money!:D

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its really no secret. We make LOTS of sales calls. I am in the field every day making sales calls. We also are not afraid to give away samples. Samples are an inexspensive way to impress a new customer. Instead of I can do this for you.....I come in with "look what I have done for you." When I make a sales call and give away a sample my close rate is twice as high.

·
Registered
101 Posts
It's great to hear another person on here has the same frame of mind as I do. Just like Chuck said, it really is no secret. You need to SELL SHIRTS! It doesn't matter if your prints look so good they belong in the Smithsonian...if you're not actively trying to sell your services, you can't expect to make anything. Creating a website and waiting for people to come to you does not count in my opinion. Proactive effort is what really pays off in this business. If you think there is no opportunity in your area for local business...CREATE IT YOURSELF! Print generic samples for every single holiday/event/party/occassion and offer to add different company's logos to it. Be creative! I just did over $12k in the last month printing 4th of July shirts alone. About $9000 of that is straight profit. Add this to the other business that I already had.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Way to go! Good job:)

Knocking on doors and free samples does set you apart from the rest. Not everyone will place the orders but there will always be some that would.

Again, great job on your persistence and keep up.

-- Olde Lady

·
Registered
951 Posts
It's great to hear another person on here has the same frame of mind as I do. Just like Chuck said, it really is no secret. You need to SELL SHIRTS! It doesn't matter if your prints look so good they belong in the Smithsonian...if you're not actively trying to sell your services, you can't expect to make anything. Creating a website and waiting for people to come to you does not count in my opinion. Proactive effort is what really pays off in this business. If you think there is no opportunity in your area for local business...CREATE IT YOURSELF! Print generic samples for every single holiday/event/party/occassion and offer to add different company's logos to it. Be creative! I just did over $12k in the last month printing 4th of July shirts alone. About $9000 of that is straight profit. Add this to the other business that I already had.
That great, are you in a mall or you work from home?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Thanks for this post I am trying to boost my business and I work from home and I am realizing more and more that people want to see what you can do not just hear it. Samples are a great idea.
Thanks for the encouraging words....

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Good thread guys,,
I agree we can sit on our wonderful products or we can get out their and make the Sales,,

I landed a 3 Day Rock Concert last week by doing this very thing,,
Wear it, give it, and get out there or get someone out there to get your product moving,

Thanks for starting this thread,,
:)

·
Registered
101 Posts
That great, are you in a mall or you work from home?
I work out of my house. I do agree that there is a huge market for "walk in" business if you have a storefront in the right area but it isn't entirely necessary. I give shirts away to everyone I know, of all age groups, with different images and designs on the front and my contact info on the back. Even if they just wear them to wash their car, go to the gym or play softball...people that see them throw my info into their cell phones and end up calling me when they need me. I had 2 jobs last month from people that saw one of my shirts on someone at Disneyland. Walking billboards are the best! Don't be afraid to add your info to the sample shirts that you give out. Chances are, they're going to end up the property of one of the office kids that are actually going to wear it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
nice thread, I'm a new Anajet owner and I love it. orders are now in house and the machine keeps working daily. Our DTG success is lower than this post and minimal since our bread and butter is still screen printing. it's definitely expanded our clientele and now we don't have to turn jobs away or outsource.

·
Vendor
263 Posts
Would love to hear more ideas from all of you. Anyone using the machine in a unique way? I noticed that there are foil prints, etc, any success in that yet?

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
In addition to printing on shirts and canvas art prints I am also using my Anajet to print High end Photographs and Art on Metal. For a full size print on bright metal Aluminum I am charging between $200.00 and $250.00. I got the idea from a local book store. They were selling a similar product for $700.00 One of these a day would make me VERY happy. Last month I did ( June ) I printed 5, In JUly I did 7. I am also printing select images on mirrors.

·
Registered
83 Posts
In addition to printing on shirts and canvas art prints I am also using my Anajet to print High end Photographs and Art on Metal. For a full size print on bright metal Aluminum I am charging between $200.00 and $250.00. I got the idea from a local book store. They were selling a similar product for $700.00 One of these a day would make me VERY happy. Last month I did ( June ) I printed 5, In JUly I did 7. I am also printing select images on mirrors.

That's fantastic! I'm an Anajet newbie - haven't even fired up my machine yet. Would you be willing to share this with me? or post a picture of some of your work?

What is your process?

Thanks, Michelle

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I approched a local kennel club about setting up a booth at their next show and taking pictures of the dogs on our green screen then using the anjet green screen wizard to place the dogs in one of our pre done backgrounds like Hawaii, or on the White House lawn. They loved the idea and I even talked them into dropping the booth fee if I printed a free shirt for the best in show dog. The better news is they gave me a great new idea. They want us to print kennel names,or dog names, or breed names and pictures on canvas chair backs that the owners use to sit in during the show. I cant belive I didnt think of that myself! This could be huge!:D

·
Vendor
104 Posts
There is a lot of useless mudslinging constantly on all types of forums. The making money always boils down to your ability to sell. I have been with AnaJet for four years and Chuck the digiguy really is on the right track. The printer is only a tool. Lets use the forums for something positive for once. Regaurdless of what printer you have share with others what you do to make your business so successful. I know Chuck and he pounds the pavement daily.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts