T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has always been a field I was interested in and as a child one of my mothers boyfriends had a semi successful screen printing business that I learned a lot from.

I am looking to start this off as a hobby making novelty T's and general interest logo's graphics for myself and friends. I have a shared interest in ATV/UTV offroading.

Any Ideas on where to start? I know I am looking for a vinyl plotter and heat press for now. I was thinking of going with an intermediate level uscutter model. I like the feature of the contour cutting.

And since this is more of a hobby is there places to buy shirts relatively inexpensive without a business license?

Thank you

Max

· Registered
825 Posts
This has always been a field I was interested in and as a child one of my mothers boyfriends had a semi successful screen printing business that I learned a lot from.

I am looking to start this off as a hobby making novelty T's and general interest logo's graphics for myself and friends. I have a shared interest in ATV/UTV offroading.

Any Ideas on where to start? I know I am looking for a vinyl plotter and heat press for now. I was thinking of going with an intermediate level uscutter model. I like the feature of the contour cutting.

And since this is more of a hobby is there places to buy shirts relatively inexpensive without a business license?

Thank you

Max

I have only been at this a couple of years. Started with a Chinese press, a Cameo Silhouette (cutter), Epson 7010, some transfer paper (red grid , blue grid, jpss and 3G Opaque), some vinyl and went to town. I added a Cap Press a little while later. Eventually I added a 1 color screen printing press to do single color transfers. I purchased a 4 color in the box, but waiting for time to set it up. The Cameo is probably the best investment I ever made. I paid for this TOY CUTTER in about 2 weeks. I cut small decals and stickers magnetic sheets with the Cameo, but will likely get a USCUtter or Signwarehouse R series for bigger vinyl jobs and banners, but for t-shirts the Cameo is a great starting place. Hope this helps. Good luck!
CalhTech>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.