T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. So have you had your neo for a long time, me it's been little over 2 years. And well after 10k + prints things get dirty. My printer printer great but got louder as printed. Kinda of like it was not gliding smooth but rough. So first I tighten my carriage belt. But that did a little difference. So next changed bearings on carriage. No difference. Next tried oil on rails. Some what better. Couple months went bye still somewhat loud but no time to figure. So next was told belt was stretched, changed it and nothing. Lastly took rails off cleaned both sides and reapplied lithium grease. Really thought that we going to so it. And it made better but still not as quiet as my other neos.

So the sound is almost like rough grinding. And when I move the carriage freely by hand it would move smooth couple inches and than feel like tough, once pass tough it would be smooth again, and so it every couple inches. With belt off it was smooth whole way. So what could be the problem. What making it not glide smooth and being loud.

I figured it out but I want to see if anyone else would think of it. Free bragging rights if u get it.

What's something that should be looked at in Maintenon each month that we don't. I give answer tomorrow.

· Registered
35 Posts
Hey everyone. So have you had your neo for a long time, me it's been little over 2 years. And well after 10k + prints things get dirty. My printer printer great but got louder as printed. Kinda of like it was not gliding smooth but rough. So first I tighten my carriage belt. But that did a little difference. So next changed bearings on carriage. No difference. Next tried oil on rails. Some what better. Couple months went bye still somewhat loud but no time to figure. So next was told belt was stretched, changed it and nothing. Lastly took rails off cleaned both sides and reapplied lithium grease. Really thought that we going to so it. And it made better but still not as quiet as my other neos.

So the sound is almost like rough grinding. And when I move the carriage freely by hand it would move smooth couple inches and than feel like tough, once pass tough it would be smooth again, and so it every couple inches. With belt off it was smooth whole way. So what could be the problem. What making it not glide smooth and being loud.

I figured it out but I want to see if anyone else would think of it. Free bragging rights if u get it.

What's something that should be looked at in Maintenon each month that we don't. I give answer tomorrow.
By what you said here I'm thinking it is either the roller to the left maybe it was wearing out or gunked up with stuff or it was the motor to the right. I'm leaning towards the roller.

· Registered
8,371 Posts
Do over haul. Clean, Clean and Clean. Spring Clean. All Gears, surround motors. Tighten bolts and screws. Take parts out if you need. Clean and put back in. Base also. Base will out live you but cleaning will help too.
***Did anyone open black cover(front and Back) to see inside?
If not do it please***. Dusts build up and could make shortage on board. Very expensive. Use pressured air can or some sort. If you have to use alcohol wait until completely dry. Very important. AA will not sell these parts to who is not NeoFamily unless pay 3-4 times more. :). Same time you will appreciate AA's engineering there.:). Give grease to all shafts(5ea) also important. If dirty clean off and add fresh grease. Never used any plastics/rubber. Belt or on any movements. Grease chemical safe.
Cheers! Inks are on me always.

· Registered
111 Posts
It's also a good idea to do a thorough wipedown/dusting/cleaning of your machine after runs of printing on very lint-filled garments (I'm looking at you, hoodies!) We figured that one out after printing a bunch of hoodies and noticing our machine was coated in a light film of hoodie fuzz. We were afraid the lint would gunk up some important works, so it got taken apart and cleaned, drive screw oiled, rails lubricated, and floor vacuumed!

· Registered
111 Posts

My turn...OK, my troubleshooting sense tells me that you have eliminated the belt (replaced), the rails (re-greased), and the pulley the belt is attached to. Motor is a possibility, but only if there is a fault inside the motor's drive mechanism. So, I am going to go with - dirt/damage in the bearings that move the printhead along the rails. Although last time we had this issue, we used a light bit of glycerine and a lintless cloth to "clean" gunk off of the rails and then re-lubed it, and ran the printhead carriage back and forth a few times to spread it evenly along the rails, and that seemed to work.

· Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I chafed bearings also, pretty easy. It was the motor gear the carriage belt is attached to. When I took belt off I said if the grooves are dirty the belt can slip and bang. About half of them were completely filled. Took a little pin cleaned out and now runs so smooth. It's nicer in have a machine with over 20k prints and still runs like NEW!

· Registered
8,371 Posts
Many NeoFamily class's MFQ is
"How long NeoFlex will last?" "What is average life?"
My answer is always same.
"We don't know, because not one NeoFlex died yet"
"we know when people will die around because we saw them die. this is why we know how long people can live".
I put my manhood on this words "Base will out live you".
Open black boxes(front and back) and clean. Dust off. Especially if you are not loyal NeoFamily. You will get hit real big. I mean big. My big is much bigger than normal people's :)
All you need is change Top Printer and this is my plan.:) also belong to Loyal NeoFamily only. Will happening before you wake up.

· Registered
35 Posts
Many NeoFamily class's MFQ is
"How long NeoFlex will last?" "What is average life?"
My answer is always same.
"We don't know, because not one NeoFlex died yet"
"we know when people will die around because we saw them die. this is why we know how long people can live".
I put my manhood on this words "Base will out live you".
Open black boxes(front and back) and clean. Dust off. Especially if you are not loyal NeoFamily. You will get hit real big. I mean big. My big is much bigger than normal people's :)
All you need is change Top Printer and this is my plan.:) also belong to Loyal NeoFamily only. Will happening before you wake up.
If I hit it with a truck will it die? LOL Just jokes Neofather.

· Registered
2,625 Posts
I chafed bearings also, pretty easy. It was the motor gear the carriage belt is attached to. When I took belt off I said if the grooves are dirty the belt can slip and bang. About half of them were completely filled. Took a little pin cleaned out and now runs so smooth. It's nicer in have a machine with over 20k prints and still runs like NEW!
What were the filled with? Cotton fiber? Ink residue? Pretreat residue? Dust and oil? I'd love to send some of that gunk to a lab and see what it all is made of!

If you have a shop with multiple employees, it is worth hiring at least one who is OCD (Obsessive Compulsive). They'll organize and clean everything. Even if they don't do anything else efficiently, having someone who loves to organize is worth every penny.

· Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
What were the filled with? Cotton fiber? Ink residue? Pretreat residue? Dust and oil? I'd love to send some of that gunk to a lab and see what it all is made of!

If you have a shop with multiple employees, it is worth hiring at least one who is OCD (Obsessive Compulsive). They'll organize and clean everything. Even if they don't do anything else efficiently, having someone who loves to organize is worth every penny.
It was filled with overspray ink, it looked like. Not fibers or dust, I remove dust or fibers each day with little air. It took 2 years for me to clean this one part and I personally do cleanings of wiper blade and capping station every other day because I'm running them halfway every day. I know suppose be each day and did that when I printed less.clean other externals parts once a month.

· Registered
1,603 Posts
Thanks Gerald. Mine is making noise too I will have to check that out. I know one of my bearings is probably needing replacing because when I flip over the head to remove it or do any other mainteance that requires flipping it over I used to let one bearing rest on the rail which was probably bad. lot of pressure. Now I make sure I have it propped up with a shirt or something.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.