T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Hi Derek,
You could turn each of the CMYK channels of the image into a bitmap in Photoshop, with a 20 lpi halftone.
Then place each of the bitmaps on top of eachother in Illustrator and change each of the colors to the appropriate.
Then print the page.
Hope this helps....

·
Registered
487 Posts
I don't know enough about process to really help out, but I have been told that when you are doing fine detailed process each channel gets a different angle.
Actually, I've heard the opposite. I participated in a class at the Long Beach ISS Show, and was shown 2 samples of process prints on darks. One had all the same angle, the other had different angles. There was no difference in the samples.

Traditionally, when I print halftones, I try to make it for a 156 mesh. So the SMALLEST dot I use is a 35lpi, MAYBE 45, but that would be pushing it. I always use a 61 degree angle, as this is one of the most optimum angles to set dots along the right angles of the mesh without them falling through. Think about it...when you look at a screen, what angle are the lines?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.