T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have several questions regarding labeling. At this present moment I'm doing research on main label vs heat transfer label.

1. My main option is to go with a T shirt that has a tear away label and replace it with a my main
label, of course there is the cost of the main
label and the cost to hire someone to sew it in.
I have come across some facility's that do
charge .25 - .50 cents per shirt and this is just to sew in the main label.

2. My second option is going tagless, I was
thinking of using a washable heat transfer that
will have my logo and the size information. I
have very little knowledge of this heat transfer,
but I'm reading on the web that plastisol heat
transfer is considered the best type heat
transfer on the market, but I'm not sure if its
machine washable.

3. I have also read on the web that anyone can create
their own heat transfers. All is needed is
translution transfer paper, ink jet printer and
photoshop or illustrator. My only concern is, will
this type of heat transfer stand up to
machine wash.

So in regards to the above information, what would be considered the best option in cost and is there a heat transfer label that can stand up to machine wash.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
2. My second option is going tagless, I was
thinking of using a washable heat transfer that
will have my logo and the size information. I
have very little knowledge of this heat transfer,
but I'm reading on the web that plastisol heat
transfer is considered the best type heat
transfer on the market, but I'm not sure if its
machine washable.
Plastisol transfers are machine washable.

3. I have also read on the web that anyone create
their own heat transfers. All is needed is
translution transfer paper, ink jet printer and
photoshop or illustrator. My only concern is will
this type of heat transfer stand up to
machine wash.
I don't know about translution, but as long as you use a quality transfer like JPSS then it will stand up to machine wash. But if you plan on pressing the tag into a dark shirt then this option won't work.

So in regards to the above information, what would be considered the best option in cost and is there a heat transfer label that can stand up to machine wash.
Plastisol, because 1) you can gang up lots of tags on a sheet to save money and 2) you can put it on both light and dark shirts.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What about buying the plastisol heat transfer paper and print out the logo / label information myself with a ink jet printer, would that work ?

A few days ago, Alstyle (T shirt company) told me that if I provide the heat transfer labels, the price is .25 cents to apply the heat tranfer label per 1 unit. That's even less than buying the main labels and hiring someone to sew them in.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
What about buying the plastisol heat transfer paper and print out the logo / label information myself with a ink jet printer, would that work ?
No because plastisol transfers are screenprinted.

A few days ago, Alstyle (T shirt company) told me that if I provide the heat transfer labels, the price is .25 cents to apply the heat tranfer label per 1 unit. That's even less than buying the main labels and hiring someone to sew them in.
It really all depends on whether you want to keep it in-house or pay someone else to do it. I fill each shirt order as it comes in, so I choose to put the tags in myself. However, if you're doing hundreds of shirts at one time then it's probably better to have someone else do it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've been using heat transfer for my tags, but as someone already said it's a problem for dark colors. I don't know about plastisol transfers for tags. With small writing like that don't they come off? I have some shirts like that and the tag info on the shirt is gone...unless it's not plastisol. What else could it be though?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.