T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a preference? I'm shooting to minimize the amount of shirts I will end up wasting due to bad prints and maximize the shirts that will last the longest for my customers.

In addition, has anyone rigged an Epson with Magic Mix or are you all just buying the epson's pre-setup magic mix printers. They seem a tad overpriced in my opinion, but if it's hard to rig one up yourself it is probably worth the extra money.

Zac

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey Zac,
For designs I've heatpressed, I've used Magic Mix in an "off the shelf" epson 2200 and a C86. I tried A LOT of different setups, CLC, Sublimation, Different transfer inks and I settled on Magic Mix. Just my opinion. BTW, the lady that runs the company was very nice and helpful when I had questions.

DesignSource Studios, Inc

·
Registered
154 Posts
I agree, i have been using the magic mix bulk ink system on an epson 1280. Very easy to set up, and like designsoource said. Cindy is very helpful in setting up, and answering questions.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I went to Magic Mix from Durabrite. It was a huge difference. No more yellowing. Real colors!

I bought a bulk ink kit off of ebay for my off the shelf C86 and it worked good. I used Magic Jet paper.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts