T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can i use magic mix ink in any bulk ink system? will it clog the heads.also has anyone purchased a bulk ink system from ebay(inkexpress4u) is it a good system?has anyone ever dealt with qlt before,is it a good place to buy my heatpress from,they seem to have the lowest prices.thax for all the help.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I saw the bulk ink system I have for the c86 on ebay for $9.95. I paid $140 for it, and when I saw it on eBay I was kinda pissed. It looks like it is EXACTLY the same. I don't think the lady that runs TLM can build ink systems, so she probably orders them cheap from out of the country, like the ones on ebay. I don't know who qlt is, can't help you there.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had terrible luck with a Bulk System for my C86 from TLM using Magic Mix inks. The installation is clumsy and kinda tricky to get everything where you need it so that the tubes do not interfere with your printer, but it is doable. My biggest problem was with the Magic Mix inks, I had terrible luck with them. My print heads were constantly clogging! I know some people here love them though. As far as a company though, I like TLM and use there MagicJet paper exclusively.

QLT is where I bought my press from. No issues at all with them. Good luck.

·
Registered
154 Posts
hi deenastee, i would personally pay the extra money and get a brand that people on here refer. "Peace of Mind". I have the Bulk ink from personalized supplies, and i love it, i have made about 600-700 tees, and have still not opened my new set of ink yet. ( i did buy a black bottle/ because that goes quicker.)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i wanna thank everyone who responded to my post.I ordered my heat press from qlt on sunday night i received it this morning also my 1280 from buydig.com. i paid $248 for my 1280(after rebate and free shipping) im still waiting on my ink and paper from tlm and my tee's from shirtsupply.com i hope i get them soon....hey triplebtees,is your bulk system for a 1280?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have the same problem with the c86, where i get horizontal bands. If they aren't too bad I'll still use it, and they won't show up on the shirt. Otherwise, I waste ink and paper from time to time but it's worth it. The cartridges seem to clog too. I guess it's just how the Magic Mix ink is, but it comes out the best.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've had various problems with my bulk ink system but it seems to be working great now (thanks, Cindy). There are various things you need to do: the ink system is connected to the printer by a thin band of tubes thru which each color separately goes to the print heads; these are going to sling back and forth as you are printing and need to move freely. Also, the actual ink units need to sit just about at the level of the printer; too high and they make the ink sometimes come out in big blotches, ruining your print; too low and the ink might not move up the tubes properly. And be sure to remove the tape from the top of the ink wells when you get it, and remove the little plastic plugs; the holes have to be open to get air flowing thru or you get a vacuum and the ink won't move.

As far as the horizontal bands are concerned, my advice is to (if you haven't already) increase the print quality under your computer's print settings. And align your print heads if needed.

·
Registered
282 Posts
My thoughts per my reading, CIS (continuous ink systems) otherwise known as Bulk Ink systems are tricky because of the ink, the printer model, air, the tubes...basically, the CIS you are using, ink height...lots of tweaking,
So I don't think it is wise to expect to hook up and print right away.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought CIS from inkexpress4u and is not working. The four basic colors CMYB are not printing. Since I bough CIS with the pigment ink included I will try to use the ink with refillable cartridges that I ordered from inkjetcarts.us for my Epson 1280 and my Epson CX7000F (They are schedule for delivery on 10-13) I'll keep you posted of the results.
Has anybody else use the ink from these guys(inkexpress4u)? I'm a little concern that the ink may be the problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts