T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last month i had magenta deflection that would not go away on my 6 month old printhead,(brand new printer) so I bought a new print head and dampers. I installed everything and a week later I began to have the same problem with my magenta on the new print head. No matter how much magenta I print, the problem does not go away. I have grabbed a pad with cleaning solution on it and pressed it up on the print head several times, and have tried flushing the line out with flushing solution and doing head cleanings to try to get cleaner in there and I have not had any luck. Has anyone ever had this problem or have any advice for me, because I can not find any answers.

·
Registered
5,720 Posts
From Mike in our Support Department:

With a new printhead and dampers, I would first look at the environment the printer is in. If the humidity drops below 40% you will experience these issues. Next, look at the bulk ink system - flush it out with hot distilled water up to the damper to make sure it is not clogged - magenta is very similar to whites as far as the size of the pigments in it.

Visually inspect the underside of the printhead to make sure ink is not building up on it. This would indicate low humidity, or a faulty capping station/dirty wiper blade. Make sure there are no gaps in the ink lines, which would indicate an air leak somewhere. Some bubbles are normal. Observe the ink levels as they go down during a power clean. They should go down equally.

Harry
Equipment Zone

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am using all coleman and company inks and have been on with tech support trying to get the issue resolved but have not found an answer yet. I just bought a new print head and it continues to do the same thing. I also have a Humidifier and the humidity never drops below 50% and I clean the machine several times a day and thoroughly clean it at night. I was told before that it was the non-coleman ink I was using that created my clogging so I replaced all of my ink, dampers and printhead and now it continues to do this to me. I was told yesterday by a tech at SWF that he simply does not have an answer for me and that he didnt know what to tell me. I just spend almost another $1000 on my new machine (Printhead, damper, Ink) and it is doing the same thing and no one can seem to help me?

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
What else has not changed?? Is the ink still from the same bottle. Could the tube in the bottle be at the bottom and sucking up sludge or just thicker ink from the bottom. Maybe try filtering the ink again, cleaning the bottle, lines. Just a thought.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i flushed all of the lines and I cleared all of the ink from the ink bottles and cleaned all of the bottles. When I hold a pad up to the printhead, I now only get blue bleeding onto it and do not see the other colors which is different from before.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Got Me, It would appear as an ink feed problem. Maybe levels of the bulk ink?
Sorry not more help. Interested to see this fixed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts