T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Upon start up the magenta and ink lights remain lit. Already refilled the magenta, emptied the waste ink, did a waste ink reset, hard reset and it is still lit. Anybody know what to do?

·
Registered
5,720 Posts
From Hawkeye in our Support Department:

I would look into replacing the ink chips on the cartridges themselves. It sounds like the ink chips will not reset.

Harry
Equipment Zone

·
Registered
5,720 Posts
If it is a T-Jet 3 then the cartridges are sitting on top of the print head and are connected by ink hoses to the bulk ink bottles.

Harry
Equipment Zone

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If it is a T-Jet 3 then the cartridges are sitting on top of the print head and are connected by ink hoses to the bulk ink bottles.

Harry
Equipment Zone
Thanks Harry,

Perhaps I'm missing something - the individual ink cartridges are plastic conduits that link the hoses to the print heads - I don't see any contacts or chip points - the trouble shooting guide for this matter says to push the ink button until the head moves toward the center, that this will re set the ink - it doesn't, now the cyan light is lit also. Wha?

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
T Jet Manual is available at T-Jet Documents |
This will discrbe a fix for your problem.
The T3 had dampers with the bulk system. Also this has chip blocks. The chip maybe bad or connectors that touch the chip bad, or just dirty. sometimes the whole thing just needs reset. Procedures are in the manual. I suggest if you use this a lot upgrade to EZ Pro Bulk System from Equipment Zone. as in Harry above, works well. The dampers never worked well and resulted in ink starvation.

·
Registered
5,720 Posts
T Jet Manual is available at T-Jet Documents |
This will discrbe a fix for your problem.
The T3 had dampers with the bulk system. Also this has chip blocks. The chip maybe bad or connectors that touch the chip bad, or just dirty. sometimes the whole thing just needs reset. Procedures are in the manual. I suggest if you use this a lot upgrade to EZ Pro Bulk System from Equipment Zone. as in Harry above, works well. The dampers never worked well and resulted in ink starvation.

As Randy pointed out, you have the original US Screen bulk ink system for the T-Jet 3. They used dampers and the resettable ink chips were mounted on two separate plastic rectangles that were installed behind the dampers. It does sound that one or more of the chips have gone bad and will not reset any longer.

Harry
Equipment Zone

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you! Replaced the chip and it worked. Slowly but surely learning the anatomy of this machine. Thanks again, guys

1 - 8 of 8 Posts