T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchsased two types of paper. The New Mildford Photo and the ironALL.

I printed with three different settings using an epson 1280 stylus printer

1) media tpe - 360 dpi inkjet paper
2) media type - plain paper ...mode speed
3) media type - plain paper ... mode quality

I printed two shirts (torn pieces of shirt) with each setting so I could wash one five times.

After doing this I cannot even imagine using the New Milford Photo paper versus the ironALL.

The ironALL is just awesome in comparison. It feels way better. After washing, it almost feels like sublimation. Of course the ink did fade some but I am using cheap ink and it still looked pretty damn good.

The New Milford Photo just sucks. It feels sctratchy and bumpy and after five washes just looked like total crap. It cracked all over. Bleh

Anyway, I just thought I'd share.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Re: made some test shirts

I agree. I never told anyone here to use anything but Iron All. I will be looking into this mira cool next. seems that people have had great results with it as well and at less cost.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
yeah, that is easy. Turn 62 and wear trifocals.. you then can look at the paper real close up and see the little bubbles in the paper. no, really,The other side is slicker. I can feel the difference.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Heya bruce,

I had a hard time with determining what side to print on as well. So I figured I'd use common sense and print on the side that felt waxier. Sure enough, it worked out well.

One side feels uncoated, whereas the other side feels ilke there is a substance on it. Hope that helps

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sorry i just looked back at this thread today...sure i'll post a picture but really i dont think you can get the full effect of the difference without seeing and FEELING them...i'll try to get the picture up soon

1 - 9 of 9 Posts