T-Shirt Forums banner
2521 - 2538 of 2538 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
im having trouble getting the drive shaft off thats right beside that square motor. the sidewith the white gear on it is giving me some trouble. i looked at the pdf, but it doesnt point out how exactly to remove it (in my opinion). can someone help me out? maybe some different pictures?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello, thank you I followed your instructions to the letter and I taped up the sensor but when the printer turns on I get a red light flashing ( the paper eject light) , how do I solve this? I keep getting no paper in tray and paper jam notifications on my computer screen, how do I solve this? Thank you

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hello, thank you I followed your instructions to the letter and I taped up the sensor but when the printer turns on I get a red light flashing ( the paper eject light) , how do I solve this? I keep getting no paper in tray and paper jam notifications on my computer screen, how do I solve this? Thank you
im having the exact same problem. can the creator of this guide elaborate on how he solved this problem please? since it's the "hard part" i would have figured you'd throw in more detail than what was provided...

·
Registered
557 Posts
The solutions are there, you need to go back to the begining and read through the thread, rather than expect people to constantly re answer the same issue over and over.

This isn't a commercial unit, the basic R&D has been done, now you need to do the fine tuning and setting up, that's why it didn't cost you anything!

·
Registered
130 Posts
The solutions are there, you need to go back to the begining and read through the thread, rather than expect people to constantly re answer the same issue over and over.

This isn't a commercial unit, the basic R&D has been done, now you need to do the fine tuning and setting up, that's why it didn't cost you anything!
you're kidding right. there's 159 pages of replies to this post and you claim to know the answer is in there but wont share it? dafuq is that?

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
you're kidding right. there's 159 pages of replies to this post and you claim to know the answer is in there but wont share it? dafuq is that?
No he is not kiding and I agree with him. There could be dozen of problems which causes your issue and we don't remember them all, apart of that each built is different so one thing may work for one the other may work not.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Not kidding at all, I built one years ago and most of the 159 pages are the same questions being reasked over and over. Read through from the begining, when you find it starts to get repetative check out the page number.

About then you will realise why those who have done it, and answered these questions several times really have better things to do!

If you want a working machine and don't want to spend some time sorting issues out and figuring how it works and how to fix it, best you go buy a commercial machine

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have been watching all the different forums on making a DTG printer and finally decided to post my discovery here.
I have made a DTG printer using an epson c88 $89.00 printer. I have maybe 150.00 in the equipment and supplies including the bulk ink system.

No, I cannot print white ink but I think this is a start for an affordable DTG printer.

Anyone who would like to help me improve the setup I made, I will be glad to help as long as everyone has an open mind and understands I'm NOT making these to sell, just to help so everyone can have an affordable DTG solution, and the agreement is that your discoveries can also be shared with me and everyone and not to be sold.

I will be posting a video on a website soon so everyone can see it is for real.
I will accept any feedback or suggestions being negative or positive.

Just wanted to see what kind of response I get before giving more info on the subject.
Thanks,
T

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3iOuKzhUlQ[/media]
Added by Rodney on July 20, 2009:

Adding these quick links to answers to common questions asked in this very long thread :)

Q: Where is the first set of plans?

A: Here's the PDF link

Q: Where's the second set of plans?

A: Here's the PDF link

Q: Has anybody actually successfully made their own DTG printer that prints using these plans?

A: Yes :)

Q: Where can I find more resources for building my own DTG?

A: Read here: http://www.t-shirtforums.com/diy-dtg/t63379.html

A: Post your question in the diydtg section here at t-shirtforums.

finally after wondering around this forum ... i reached this thread ... and found some plans that would satisfy that buzz hovering around my head ... :D

my guess is that the fine tuning is in the INK and software calibrations ? yes?

(and now ... wheres that cheap epson printer at ... )

·
Registered
51 Posts
Atari decided to stop posting here, and has been updating his progress on a different site.
Hmm you might have had Atari confused with someone else at the time. The real Atari got scooped up by Corporate America for an offer he couldn't refuse and his dreams of affordable DIY DTG for his illustrations and ideas were put on hold for awhile. Apparently Mr. Atari also lost his password for this place, or no longer has access to the email used when registering. :D

It's definitely interesting to see how far things have come along on the DIY/maker side of the fence since that series of posts though.

·
Registered
227 Posts
dear
if any buddy want buy dtg project please contact but it not free..
project feature
*you can convert any brand printer in dtg printer.
*can use heavy duty stepper motor in your dtg
*step/ direction/speed control with arduino
*t shirt tray control with puss button
*hieght control sensor system
*and can add more feature-
*https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHhg...ature=youtu.be
contact-
Bud,
It's a bit silly to post an email address, every spam bot on the planet is now having lunch.
The video doesn't exist, I do hope you do !

2521 - 2538 of 2538 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.