T-Shirt Forums banner
2481 - 2500 of 2538 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Are you planning on becoming a part of your printer? I notice you have to be pressing and touching things to get beyond certain points. Like I said before if a sensor or switch is not triggered on time or a part is not in position when the printer expect it to be the printer go into error mode.

You have not moved beyond your original problem because you should not have to be touching and poking anything with your finger. You're not troubleshooting correctly. You are looking for something more complex than what your issue is.

You are assuming that the printer is the problem but it is working fine. It is what was added to it that is causing the problem, because what was added is not meeting the requirement to make it work.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I have never taken a C66 apart so I have no idea what parts it has. It is possible you may have removed a sensor or something from the printer that it needs. Also can you show a picture of what mechanism is moving your platen? Are you using the original roller or something else?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Are you planning on becoming a part of your printer? I notice you have to be pressing and touching things to get beyond certain points. Like I said before if a sensor or switch is not triggered on time or a part is not in position when the printer expect it to be the printer go into error mode.

You have not moved beyond your original problem because you should not have to be touching and poking anything with your finger. You're not troubleshooting correctly. You are looking for something more complex than what your issue is.

You are assuming that the printer is the problem but it is working fine. It is what was added to it that is causing the problem, because what was added is not meeting the requirement to make it work.
I don't know how you troubleshoot problems, but when I troubleshoot I try to resolve the problem by breaking things down step by step.

The white lever I move down with my hand was not sliding down all the way which was causing the printer to error when the printer head carriage slides back to the home position.

I ended up taking apart what I think is called "capping station / assembly", and cleaned the parts (tubing and what not) I put everything back together, and now the lever slides down all the way on it's own *yay*

So now when I turn on the printer it goes through its boot sequence, and I get a green light. I don't even have trip the PE / paper jam sensor (-.-)

So the next logical step was to see if it would print. I sent a print job to the printer, and it started printing, but no ink was coming out. I just tried printing a black and white document.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I don't think my print head is clogged cuz I was able to squirt water through all the color inlets. I used the Epson cleaning solution.
@priest to answer your question, I am using the original drive shaft and belt to turn the drawer.

Also here is the video of finished boot process.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpAKWqwpOF0

As for the printer not printing ink I think it might be a blown fuse :-/

·
Registered
59 Posts
Now for the pulley module that will be place in one end of the box. I have built everything in modules so I can disassemble if I have to.
You can also see that I have replaced the pf motor with a much larger motor with higher torque. I have also used the original pulley belt.

Will have more pics soon.
hi i also building the same setup but just thinking about replacing the motor with higher torque just courius to know did it worked and how u select the motor and from where u bought it it vl be very helpful of u if u tel whts the motor number or called and did u used the same rotary encoder and motor power supply from stock printer . thanks

·
Registered
439 Posts
hi i also building the same setup but just thinking about replacing the motor with higher torque just courius to know did it worked and how u select the motor and from where u bought it it vl be very helpful of u if u tel whts the motor number or called and did u used the same rotary encoder and motor power supply from stock printer . thanks
Hi Vicky...
Yes it is possible you can check it here http://www.t-shirtforums.com/diy-dtg/t170993-6.html

·
Registered
293 Posts
I have had a similar problem in the past. Once the printer thinks it's feeding paper it expects something to trigger the paper feed sensor lever with in a certain amount of time. If not you get an error because the printer thinks there is a paper jam or misfeed. The simple solution is to try moving the platen start point either forward or backward until you kit the sweet spot and it should work. Then put a piece of tape there so you know where to start the platen in the future. You can check out my video on the C88 I built to see it printing.

Philip

I am currently getting two scenarios with the PE sensor on my Epson C66 printer. Here is the video explaining the two scenarios.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySH-DBHnp3Y[/media]

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hey all. I was just reminiscing through this thread. I must say, I love the original plans (these were the first plans I've ever seen - at the start of this thread). I love the friction drive with a drawer slides combo. Sometimes, the simplest methods are the best.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well I read this thread from start to finish. I laughed, I cried, I raged and I got tired. All in all very impressive work and ingenuity.
I may be a few years too late but I figure I like a challenge and my wife likes the idea of it. So I'll start small and see where I go from there. I can tell you that I won't be asking too many questions at this junior level. It seems that sensor scenarios have been covered repeatedly......and I mean repeatedly.
I pledge not to repeat stupid questions and I won't be asking where the video is.
I won't ask someone to make me one or ask why the original posters website is not up for my convenience.
However I do know that if I am really in a bind that there are some really good helpful people that will indeed help me.
I'd also like to thank Rudy and the mods for removing some posts that were non productive. There was still quite enough to read.
I will make one observation of the thread. I saw mention a few times of a wiki page. The link to it was quite dead. That's a shame.
Well, armed with some knowledge I am off to Home Depot! Wish me luck!

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
There are a few more threads that have more detail such as the license to thrill thread. The R1900 clue book can still be found, PM me if u can't.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using T-Shirt Forums

2481 - 2500 of 2538 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.