T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Ok guys I know this does not exactly fit the topic here but it's the closest thing here. I earlier posted that I was going to build the Turbo Jet Kit and would let you know how it turned out. I just finished and am getting ready to print some shirts. Hope for a You Tube Video very soon. Some Pics are attached. I think that some of you will be interested in these. Highlights, based on Epson 2200, wood case, drawer rails, direct drive belt system, all electronics relocated, control board reprogrammed. this comes in varying degrees, i.e. I think you can just buy the parts you are interested in, such as the control board, although not for sure. A table saw is very handy. A RIP is a must for success especially with white. Feel free to send me an e-mail if you have any questions. Most of the things you will see in the pics are items you have discussed many times. Source for Kit or parts that I used was Turbo Jet 772-228-0223. No I don't sell anything!!
My apologies to the hard core bulid from total scratch. For those that are clueless this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
I started with a 1400, decided that there was to many problems for me to solve to get something that worked well, so far so good with this. I just finished the bulk system, getting the printhead aligned. Still trying to learn the software RIP. I will try to get a photo of the first shirt attempt later today. I hear ya on the expense, I also looked at used systems, most of the ones that were 4-5k had been sitting for a long time.
With statements like all the lights come on. I justed needed something that worked and took a leap of faith. Thanks to everyone here for all the education. It a great forum and thread, keep up the good work.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Ok guys here is the very first attempt at a print With the Turbo Jet Kit I just finished. Image is 9.5x9", the shirt it is on is a XXL, so makes the print look smaller than is. Printed at 720x720 1 Pass only!! Time to print 2min 55 sec. Photos flatten the contrast out a little. Tried to photo the detail in the eyes. Color saturation is great, detail is great. This is the first print of anything other than a circle or square. Next will be the dreaded white on black.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
The art work came from Great Dane Graphics, I use the same with my Roland Versacamm. I wish I was that good. Inks are Max Bright 3 from American Screen Supply in Phx. Drop me an e-mail and I will give you my phone if you want to talk. Once again I do not sell these are have any connection with the guy who does but if I can help let me know. Like I said you can just buy the control board and do all the rest your self. This is really a good source for parts to make the DIY work well. The 2200 will not work well without the tricked board.

Reactions: sapdiffusion

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
that looks like an awful lot of weight for the pf motor to move about, all that wood to make the platen, my pf motors burn out at around one every 3 - 4 months and im moveing way less weight than that, it could be the achilles heal of that setup, but we wont know until somebody has run it in a production environment for a year or so. Its not an insurmountable problem depending on the frequency of failure.
True it is something that I am watching, but remember this is a belt drive on ball bearing bushings. But I plan on reducing the platen weight. The box really does not weight very much. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
You Tube Link for my Turbo Jet DTG, hope the link works, sorry guys first video so could be better.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HI5IIGz_X3I&feature=player_embedded[/media]

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Redheaded Step Child here again, sorry.
Here are some You Tube Links for my Turbo Jet Kit that I built that show printing on black shirt.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDyRbJVinaw[/media]
Registration was perfect. Check the eagles head. The other white around the wings is because there is a fade color, There is a better RIP setting for this type of fade, still learning.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfGeXDnuSBo[/media] , this is just the white, the top is the color going on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2WHXHvSruU ,Combined with components.

Maybe this will give someone the will to continue on there quest.
Thanks to everyone for there help. Ok I think I got the video reversed but you get the idea.

Reactions: MX1CAN

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Good Job spiderx1
I have finished my first trial with my sister's old Epson D78 an it works really nice, all its left is the pump system (i am planning to do it with a separate 12v motor) an the adjustable platen.

Spiderx1 i was wondering if you can you post a picture
of the belt-drawer mount... Is the belt permanently mounted on the drawer? :confused:
I really liked the belt setup t be honest:D

Does anybody know if there are Epson combatible inks for printing on other surfaces than textiles? I want to print plastic -wood -metal etc
Yes the belt system is mounted to the bottom of the palten box vis a clamp, I'll try to take a photo but it is hard to get to without taking it apart. Basicly thats where the two ends meet. You can expect the belt to stretch a little at first the front mount has an adjuster to tighten the belt up. different pretreat for light shirts, dark shirts and for non-textile products, such as hard surfaces, I have not got to the hard surface materials yet.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
I am currently trying Resolute Dupont and waiting on ink from TBiz, another ink similar to Resolute. So far the clogg rate, if you will, is far less on the resolute ink, I can let set for a few days without worries, however, the evaporation rate of resolute is almost 30% faster than dupont, what does that mean, not much unless u leave compeltely open. Dries faster if left uncapped. It appears to have about a 10-15% (WAG) less coverage / more transparent than dupont. I am using dupont pretreat for all, maybe the resolute pretreat is different. It is far less likely to clump up than dupont and appears to return to suspension better. Still waiting on TBIZs answer to white ink to arrive.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
wat is the apropiate distance from the planter to the ink:confused:
Try starting with 3mm. I just cut an "L" from a piece of plastic. With the long piece being 3 mm tall and slide under the head You will have to pull the plug when the head is off the capping station so u can move it by hand to get it over the shirt.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
The R1900 works fine with white.
No need to print 2-3 times with the right rip software
The older plans are way out of date. Read the license to thrill thread

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
I am not familar with the details of this printer however try page 39 of the license to thrill thread. There is a pdf download of how to make a R1900. In that the lid open and cd tray sensor are each jumped / soldered to show closed all the time. Also it is set to manual roll mode all the time. Also the asf needs input.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Reactions: chinese999

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Epson due to type printhead. Hp is not possible due to the way it handles ink.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
The slow movement of the carriage is due to a fatal error. I had a similar problem and after checking all connections 10 times I found the cable to the encoder wheel sensor reversed.
Oddly enough bright lights on the asf sensor or pe sensor can cause errors. Are lid open and or cdr sensor closed?

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Also bed should be to rear. And nothing depressing the pe switch. Empty bed no platen.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Guys take a look at the license to thrill thread in the diy. There is a pdf called t dozer r1900 clue book that may help. On the r1900 the platen must be very close to directly under the silver tube the carriage runs on when the platen is all the way back.
Initialization must be done without platen depressing the pe switch.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Try the R1900 clue book under license to thrill thread
Qual cidade vc

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Go to the license to thrill thread in diy. R1900 clue book. Its a downloadable pdf.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.