T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi guys,

My second hand R1400 arrived today from ebay. It has been used for regular paper printing so I will obviously need to clean out all the ink. I read someone (I think the thread starter) said to use refillable cartridges with cleaning fluid in them - is this the way to go to clean out all this ink? Also, is this the way to go when I have completed my build and haven't printed for a few days? So i.e take out the DTG ink cartridges and replace them with refillables with cleaning fluid in them and leave them sat in the printer until i want to use it again?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Thanks Smalzstein (dont know your name?)

Will these do for both the CMYK + White ink and also for the cleaning fluid? T0791 5sets/lot refillable ink cartridge for Epson Stylus Photo 1400 R1400 79 free shipping-in Ink Cartridges from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com

As far as cleaning goes initially, I take it I take the printer out the box, load in refillable cartridges with cleaning fluid in all 6 of them and then just print with paper till no ink can be seen any longer? Or, do i just use the printer cleaning function?

Finally, I will be using white ink so when not using the printer, do I only replace the white ink cartridges with cleaning fluid cartridges and leave the CMYK's in or do the whole lot come out and all 6 cleaning fluid cartridges go in?

·
Registered
88 Posts
guys,

can someone tell me where on earth you are supposed to find 26 inch drawer slides? I am presuming the 26 inch is when the slides are closed so when extended they would be 52 inches, right? The largest I can find on in the UK and on Home Depot website is 24 inches!

·
Registered
88 Posts
I am sure you are right about the quality but as I am new to building DTG, I just wanted to start with a crap printer and follow the instructions word for word just while i learn how to build them. I just cannot find 26" draw slides and I have already cut my MDF to 26" now too so I need to find 26" slides.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yes, I understand that and its a great idea! But, what I am saying is, is that finding drawer slides which are 26" in length seems impossible. The maximum size seems to be 24" but the C88 guide states to use 26" and I have now cut my MDF also at 26" already.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Smalzstein,

Still hunting for these 26 inch drawer slides. The link you posted looks promising. Did anyone build the printer from the PDF guides on this thread using an Epson C88? What length were your drawer runners? The closest I can find are 650mm or 700mm but I do not know which ones to get. Also, do I want ball bearing slides?

I found these which are 660mm (26 inch = 660.4mm) so will they work? Hettich 5632 660mm Zinc Ball Bearing Drawer Slide (1Pair)

Here too is a technical document for the slides linked to above if someone could take a look to help: http://www.hettich.com/fileadmin/content/mediathek/13041_KA_5632_OFC_HUS_HCA_en.pdf

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi Smalstein,

Thanks as always bud! Without your help, I think this forum would be dead so thanks again :)

Does anyone by the way have any contact details for the thread owner who gave us the C88 plans? I am stuck and the pictures in the PDF are at the wrong angle to see where I am going wrong.

My problem is I want to know, does the drawer sit directly on top of the 13/32" shaft rod? I presume so as this is what makes the drawer move right? If so, why did the guy who made these plans only use 1 drawer runner on the right side of shell/drawer and then only washers on the left side? Does aynone have any HD photos of their set up? I have taken the printer apart no problems but the instructions how the drawer is aligned with the washers and drive rod are vague.

PS if i use a lab jack instead of the fixed height platen in the instructions, should it matter then at what height I set the drawer runners within the outer shell? I am having to improvise as I do not know what runners got used so bought some I thought would work but they are a different height and more industrial.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Okay, gonna answer my own questions here. As I saw in another thread, German suggested using 2 runners so (quite obviously) there is less weight on the drive shaft. As for the washers, they are to simply fill in the gap up to the C clip to prevent the drive shaft slipping out of position. Also, for anyone who starts with the C88 plans, make sure too that when you get a 13/32" bit, it is 10.5mm and not 10.3mm as 10.3mm is too tight, though some companies sell a 13/32mm as 10.3mm. Also, use adhesive cork under the platen to grip the drive shaft and NOT anti-slip tape as this ultimately damages the drive shaft. I have gone with 1.5mm adhesive cork but no idea if thats the correct thickness. Maybe someone else will chime in on the correct thickness. No need either for 1 inch washers, go as small as you can so long as they are an M10. The larger you go, the more they interfere with the draw runners vertical positioning. I am having a conversation with myself on here lol. Time to sleep me thinks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.