T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I finally got my Graphtec cutter working with my nifty new xp computer. Once I got my new system, hooked it up and cutting away it went. So it looks like my problem was definately a vista issue :)

I had gotten some great samples from Josh, so I decided to practice on the fluorescent orange because he gave me a fairly large sample. First I did a test cut and it worked like a charm. Then I setup a design in the CoCut software I bought to use with my cutter. Well something went terribly wrong from there hehe. When I cut it cut completely thru the vinyl. I thought now what did I do wrong. Ok I figured it out really quick that I had the wrong force set in the program. It was at 20 and was way to much. Lowered it down to 15 and perfect :)

So I got my vinyl cut and decided to press it on a white shirt, that maybe my grand daughter can wear, however I don't know her preference for neon orange :) But it came out great. I cut out a heart with flames design and then took the little heart I weeded out and added it to the design, so not to waste it. Here is a couple of pics.

I have to say Rodney, the image up-loader kicks butt compared to loading them off of photo-bucket :)

Hope you guys enjoy.

Attachments

·
Registered
471 Posts
Ok so I finally got my Graphtec cutter working with my nifty new xp computer. Once I got my new system, hooked it up and cutting away it went. So it looks like my problem was definately a vista issue :)

I had gotten some great samples from Josh, so I decided to practice on the fluorescent orange because he gave me a fairly large sample. First I did a test cut and it worked like a charm. Then I setup a design in the CoCut software I bought to use with my cutter. Well something went terribly wrong from there hehe. When I cut it cut completely thru the vinyl. I thought now what did I do wrong. Ok I figured it out really quick that I had the wrong force set in the program. It was at 20 and was way to much. Lowered it down to 15 and perfect :)

So I got my vinyl cut and decided to press it on a white shirt, that maybe my grand daughter can wear, however I don't know her preference for neon orange :) But it came out great. I cut out a heart with flames design and then took the little heart I weeded out and added it to the design, so not to waste it. Here is a couple of pics.

I have to say Rodney, the image up-loader kicks butt compared to loading them off of photo-bucket :)

Hope you guys enjoy.

that looks fantastic! look at u sunny

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks :) it actually was much easier then I thought. I am excited to play with more stuff.

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
That looks great, Sunny!! :)

Nice touch with adding the "little" heart back into the design. Way to recycle. :D

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Way to go, a lot of vinyl is learning by doing, and making the mistakes! I still haven't gotten to play with foam or flock on my cutter yet, by the time I do get around to it, there'll be somethin new and neat I'm sure!

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Bobbie, I know you love your new Graphtec. I'm looking forward to getting my cutter, I've decided on a Roland. Just curious, what made your mind up about Graphtec? Also what image uploader were you refering to?
Thanks,Mike

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mike, I did alot of research as far as price and what they came with and all of that, and that is what made me chose the Graphtec. I got it on sale from specialty graphics, plus I used the 5% off discount for the forum and got it for under $1200 :) plus it came with the stand. So I just wanted a quality cutter, that could do contour cutting, and that came with a stand and I came up with the Graphtec in the end :) As far as the uploader I was referring to, I was talking about when you make a post and add photos, instead of using photobucket I used the attachment uploader it the post options, and it worked great :) Its so much easier then having to copy and paste code for loading pics here.

Robin, I am not sure how my daughter will like the neon orange hehe :) I told her she can let Ava wear it when shes doing arts and crafts or something :) I just made it in her size so I wouldnt waste it.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
good job bobbielee.
Its kinda fun when you get to try new things.. hehe.
I have some designs in my head for next week.. lol.. but I have some customers shirts to make first..

OO and my rhinestones mite be here tomorrow lol

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Thanks Bobbie, I'm glad you got your computer issues solved and got your cutter up and running. Good job on the shirt. I like the neon orange. The stand is a feature I need, may have to change my cutter plans. I also need contour cutting abilities.
Mike

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You know that is one of the things I love about this forum :) is that you can watch someone else go thru process of elimination on products and then narrow the playing field to help make a decision on what to go with :) its saved me a ton of times. Like when I have thought about getting something, and then see something someone else took into consideration, and thought hey wait I need that too haha.

·
Registered
746 Posts
you go girlie! welcome to your new obsession ;)

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
BobbieLee very nice let me know if you need some pics to cut I can share some with you.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts